PDA

View Full Version : Tea Cup ride

EeyoresBestFriend
10-17-2015, 06:21 PM
I've never been on the ride because I can't handle rides that spin a lot.

Can you take this ride and just not 'spin' it? Can it do a slow spin or not at all?

Main Street Jim
10-17-2015, 07:51 PM

Can you take this ride and just not 'spin' it? Can it do a slow spin or not at all?The ride vehicles are controlled by the rider(s), who "spin" as fast - or as slow - as they wish, or, not at all. You just have to control the speed. :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-17-2015, 08:06 PM
You do have a lot of control over how fast or slow you spin, but you WILL spin, at least a bit, no matter what you do.

I'm not a fan of spinning rides, so I don't go on this with DD anymore who LOVES to spin, but even when I don't spin my teacup, there is spinning ... I guess it is best to describe it as "levels" of spinning:
- the entire ride is travelling around in a circle
- there are a number of smaller circles that spin slowly as you travel in the larger circle
- your actual teacup - you have a lot of control over this!

I'd try it ... in your own tea cup, so you have total control over how much you spin, but be aware that there is some spinning, no matter what.

BrerGnat
10-17-2015, 11:19 PM
Even if you don't spin the cup, there will be a lot of mostly lateral movement. You won't actually spin around but you will travel in a circle as you rotate. But like I said, it mostly ends up feeling like sideways, forward, or backwards movement. I would try it and of you start to get dizzy, just close your eyes or focus on the wheel in the center of the cup.

Mary Poppins fan
10-18-2015, 09:07 AM
As I've gotten older, I find that certain rides make me nauseous (spinning rides and roller coasters.) :sick: Last trip down I took dramamine right before I hit the parks and it worked wonders!

EeyoresBestFriend
10-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the insight.

I think I'll try it. It and Dumbo are the only two rides I've never done in all our visits.

NJGIRL
10-18-2015, 06:28 PM

Can you take this ride and just not 'spin' it? Can it do a slow spin or not at all?

There are not many rides that I can not do...but this is one on them. I haven't been on it for years because it makes me sick.

baldburke
10-18-2015, 07:45 PM
I think I'll try it. It and Dumbo are the only two rides I've never done in all our visits.

If you can handle RRC, ToT and EE then you should be okay on the Teacups. Good luck!

cspenc28
10-19-2015, 09:44 AM
If you can handle RRC, ToT and EE then you should be okay on the Teacups. Good luck!

Not necessarily. I can do any type of thrill ride, but if there is spinning involved, I get sick. So I don't do the tea cups, or Mission Space.

Speedy1998
10-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Not necessarily. I can do any type of thrill ride, but if there is spinning involved, I get sick. So I don't do the tea cups, or Mission Space.

Same here Spinning gets me every time. I have only gotten sick on one roller coaster, and that particular coaster had ten inversions.

BrerGnat
10-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Going upside down is starting to become more difficultfor me to tolerate but I'm still good with spinning. So yeah, different types of rides affect people differently.