PDA

View Full Version : food and Disney gift cards

DNS
10-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Do all restaurants on Disney property take Disney gift cards? I specifically wondered about World Showcase, Disney Springs and the hotel restaurants.

Thanks!

BrerGnat
10-16-2015, 04:27 PM
No, they don't. Only Disney owned and operated places can accept them.

DNS
10-17-2015, 11:23 AM
So the Disney hotel restaurants would take them, but probably not world showcase restaurants or Disney Springs?

Fangorn
10-17-2015, 03:30 PM
So the Disney hotel restaurants would take them, but probably not world showcase restaurants or Disney Springs?

Unfortunately, it's not that clear cut. Non- Disney owned restaurants can opt in and accept Disney Gift cards if they choose to. Nearly everyone actually does in World Showcase. La Hacienda did not accept them the first couple of years they were open - don't know if that's changed or not. I've never had an issue using them anywhere else in Epcot. Some of the Disney Springs places may not accept them, particularly the latest set of places to open - Boathouse, Morimoto, etc. Not saying they don't, I just wouldn't expect it. I know for a fact that Earl of Sandwich does. :blush:

Reality is that the number of places that DON'T take them is actually pretty small.

To be sure, you'd need to contact the individual restaurant.

Steve

BrerGnat
10-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Actually most new Disney Springs restaurants are Disney owned (like the Boathouse, Jock Lindsay's, etc.). But you can't count on non Disney places taking them although most eventually do.

VWL Mom
10-18-2015, 06:32 AM
Actually most new Disney Springs restaurants are Disney owned (like the Boathouse, Jock Lindsay's, etc.). But you can't count on non Disney places taking them although most eventually do.

The Boathouse is owned by Schussler Creative and run by a management group. Being they were so slow to accept DDP and some discounts they may not be on board yet for gift cards.

BrerGnat
10-18-2015, 07:54 AM
The Boathouse is owned by Schussler Creative and run by a management group. Being they were so slow to accept DDP and some discounts they may not be on board yet for gift cards.

Thanks for clarifying.

DNS
10-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Thanks everyone!