PDA

View Full Version : Club Disney Premieres Dec. 5 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

John
10-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Sunset Showcase, an all-new special event venue, will open later this year on Sunset Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. This entertainment showplace has been custom designed to host a variety of different experiences over time.

The premier engagement at the new Sunset Showcase will be Club Disney, the hottest spot in town for kids and characters alike! Guests can join Mickey and friends on the dance floor in this electric club environment, where a DJ Club Host spins the perfect playlist mix of favorite Radio Disney Top 40 songs as the floor and walls come alive with vivid images from classic Disney animation.

Club Disney will also feature a cool seating area and snack station, where guests can refuel and recharge – both themselves and their electronic devices – before heading out for more adventures at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Club Disney premieres at Sunset Showcase on Dec. 5, 2015.

magicofdisney
10-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Is this indoor or outdoor? I keep having visions of that sound/dance stage in Tomorrowland. I thought that was corny at first but ended up having a good time with my kids there one night. To be fair, I think they were playing Sounds of the 80s. Who in their right mind turns that down? :blush:

Figment!
10-12-2015, 07:52 PM
Is this indoor or outdoor?

Indoor--This is the materialization of the construction permits filed in Spring 2015 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=208910) for a new theater in the Sunset Blvd area.

Disney has released the following official photo of the new theater:

BrerGnat
10-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Because what DHS really needs is more shows?

Goofy4TheWorld
10-13-2015, 11:22 PM
I know this is sandwiched between RnRc and ToT, but what are the details of where this will be visible from and where will the entrance be relative to ToT and RnRc?

John
10-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Because what DHS really needs is more shows?

I was kind of confused but suspect it was a cheap and easy way to bring something to do to a park which is going to be under significant construction soon...

Jeff T
10-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Has anyone seen the inside of Sunset Showcase? Pictures?

BrerGnat
10-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Has anyone seen the inside of Sunset Showcase? Pictures?

No one has seen it yet, except the people working on building it, I suspect. Hasn't opened to the public.

Aurora
10-19-2015, 07:05 PM
1. "Electric club environment"
2. "Favorite Radio Disney Top 40 songs"
3. "Recharging electronic devices"

I am clearly not the target market for this new area. :silly:

Scott2552
10-20-2015, 09:31 AM
How long will the Club Disney be there? We are going in June and this is something my son would enjoy.

BrerGnat
10-20-2015, 10:43 AM
How long will the Club Disney be there? We are going in June and this is something my son would enjoy.

Probably for awhile. The location will change out the "show" periodically, but I imagine Club Disney will be in place for at least a year. No one really knows for sure yet, though.