PDA

View Full Version : The Ganachery to Open at Disney Springs Late 2015

Figment!
10-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Another location has been announced for "The Landing" neighborhood of Disney Springs:

New Disney Chocolate Shop Coming Soon to Disney Springs

by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer
The Official Disney Parks Blog
October 6th, 2015

Imagine the unmistakable aroma of rich chocolate, a scent that will draw guests into The Ganachery, a new chocolate shop set to open in The Landing in late 2015 at Disney Springs.

Walt Disney World chefs traveled the world to research and create a custom blend chocolate with the finest beans for the all-new concept that will feature freshly made ganache (gəˈnaSH). Ganache is a luxurious mixture of chocolate and cream, and every chef has their own “perfect” formula for the indulgent sweet.

Hand-crafted onstage by a chocolatier, the shop will feature fresh batches daily, including dark (65 percent custom blend), hazelnut, chipotle and a custom blend flavored with the world’s finest spices and flavors.

Beautiful custom packaging will make elegant take-home gifts. And you can bet there will be chocolate bars inspired by Disney characters.

Those close to the project have reported the new location will be owned and operate by Disney. It has also been reported that the location will be heavily inspired by high-end chocolate boutiques found in Japan.

magicofdisney
10-11-2015, 08:14 PM
I don't care much for milk chocolate. Dark chocolate? OMGoodness! I've never tried flavored chocolates but that chipotle infusion intrigues me.

BrerGnat
10-12-2015, 01:52 PM
You can't really make ganache with milk chocolate...it wouldn't set. I imagine all these will have a dark chocolate base. Sounds great!

AgentC
10-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Sounds like my kind of store. :)

Pally
10-12-2015, 03:57 PM
I love really good dark chocolate. A little higher though than 65%. I wonder what the Japanese influence will be though. I have never associated Japan with chocolate. I am intrigued though.

BrerGnat
10-12-2015, 08:26 PM
I love really good dark chocolate. A little higher though than 65%. I wonder what the Japanese influence will be though. I have never associated Japan with chocolate. I am intrigued though.

The Japanese have a very long history with candy making, chocolates, and pastry arts. They are amazing at this, just behind the French. They always represent at major food competitions and excel in these areas.