PDA

View Full Version : CP need one more seat. Not sure what to do.

stitchcousin
10-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

I currently have ressies for CP for 9 of us. A family member decided to go to WDW last week, so I called to see if I could add her. They were unable to do so, and suggested I check every day (we don't leave until Nov 3rd), but if I can't add the one person, what are my chances that they will let her join us on the day of the reservation? I don't want to get her hopes up that they may let her in and then be denied.....

TheDuckRocks
10-09-2015, 09:21 AM
I would explain to her exactly what is going on, continue to try to get her in and then if it is still a no go, I'd just have the extra person with you. My guess is if you are super nice and very calm they will let her in. To begin with I've never heard of a table that would only sit 9 people and not 10.

Strmchsr
10-09-2015, 09:46 AM
You might try to get a reservation for 1. Or get it for 2 and have someone else go with her. Depending on the restaurant, if it's a popular one, like Rose and Crown, chances are she won't be seated. They can only have so many people in the restaurant at one time and tend to be sticklers on the reservation number. So, keep trying or go for one of the alternate plans. Or maybe check a different day.

Polynesian Dweller
10-09-2015, 12:03 PM
You might try to get a reservation for 1. Or get it for 2 and have someone else go with her. Depending on the restaurant, if it's a popular one, like Rose and Crown, chances are she won't be seated. They can only have so many people in the restaurant at one time and tend to be sticklers on the reservation number. So, keep trying or go for one of the alternate plans. Or maybe check a different day.

As you say, they cannot exceed maximum allowed capacity and that is why they are sticklers. This is also the likely reason that they can't add the one person for the OP. There are numerous reports of people showing up with an extra person and the extra one being turned away. So I agree fully with Strmchsr's advice to keep looking, have an alternate plan or try a different day.

#1donaldfan
10-09-2015, 01:01 PM
We have added on family several times before with no problem. We have had to wait a little longer at times but typically we get right in without a problem. We don't make a practice of it, but when we travel amongst several families one will always opt in or out, so those trips we've been able to add....but like mentioned, it's never guaranteed .....:thumbsup:

stitchcousin
10-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Thank you everyone. I did try to add just 1 or 2, no luck. I'll keep trying. Maybe as it gets a little closer something might open up. Thank you for all your advice!

DizneyRox
10-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Thank you everyone. I did try to add just 1 or 2, no luck. I'll keep trying. Maybe as it gets a little closer something might open up. Thank you for all your advice!
Don't try to add one or two to your reservation, try a separate reservation for one or two. I believe that is what the poster was trying to say. May not be able to sit near each other in the restaurant, but I'm guessing that the CP is the main reason for doing the package.

snowflakegirl
10-12-2015, 08:50 AM
When we were there in August, a local friend was joining us and the day she was available changed. We tried to add her on to our Chef Mickey's reservation before we arrived and we weren't able to. She came with us to check in that day and we explained the situation. The CM at the check in podium was able to take a look at how many people were there and add my friend to our group, but she did explain that the reason we weren't able to add her on prior to that had to do with projected occupancy numbers and is dependent on how many people are actually in the restaurant so you're not always guaranteed to be able to add someone on at the podium, either.

Checkers
10-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Since it is a package (CP), it will be more difficult. As suggested, I would try and get separate reservation for 2. Good luck!

Brooklynos
10-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Depends on if you are in peak times or slower times. Two years ago my niece's fiancée joined us last minute and we were lucky enough when we checked in each place they made room for him, even at CRT. I was shocked. We understood that they may turn him away at every place we went but we got lucky. Saying that, we don't make a practice of it and would not try with more than just one to add on at short notice.

You may have better luck when checking in at the podium. My SIL decided to join us for an upcoming trip after all of our ADR's were made. Could only add her officially to two. We will check in with her and see if they can fit her, if not she is prepared to fend for herself as she added in late. Good luck and hope some Disney magic works for you with this!