PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2017

Giggy
10-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Last week my parents, sister and I were sat in the garden having a small family BBQ for lunch. I can't remember how exactly but the topic had gone on to Disney (it was probably my fault), in any case we had all long since agreed that 2010 was far too long ago and we needed to go again. :number1:

A lot has happened since our last visit. My brother is married, has started and just finished his PhD whilst his wife is due to finish hers this year. My sister has started university and has her final exams this summer and will be starting the next chapter of her life. I graduated from medical school this summer and am working as a foundation year doctor - basically all our schedules are super busy this year. :doctor:

Doing the math we realised the next time (if we plan it properly) that we might all be free at the same time will be 2017, some time from April to June. My brother and his wife will be doing their post doctoral research work, my sister will either be working or doing further studies and I will hopefully be applying for specialty training posts. If we can navigate to 2 weeks (or as close as possible) that all 6 of us can all be off work at the same time then hopefully we can make this happen. :coaster:

It seems a long way off and there's still a lot of IFs but at least we have something to aim for. :mickey:

Arielfan98
10-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Sounds exciting! Congrats :thumbsup: