PDA

View Full Version : Converting videos from Disney World

I<3Disney
10-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Hi!
So every year on vacation we love taking our video camera with, the one that has the mini discs? Well anyways, this year we were thinking to convert from the video camera to our phones, considering it can be annoying to take the "camera bag" with everywhere we go. On the other hand, I disgust taking videos with my phone because if anyone gets a notification from Facebook or a text message, it gets distracting from having family time on vacation.

Anyways, we did end up using our camcorder this trip, and after we got home, it wouldn't finalize our disc! So now, the only way we can ever watch our memories, is on the camera itself, and not the tv. So, now I'm thinking it's time for a change :blush:

Do any of you know what I would have to use to convert my videos from my iPhone into a DVD to watch? Or do any of you recommend using a different type of camera for Disney? We have a gopro, but we feel like we get better picture quality and poor sound quality considering it's a vacation trip and not a music video.

Speedy1998
10-07-2015, 12:33 PM
I just created a Youtube account and uploaded my iphone videos there. Anything I don't want the world to see I set as a private video.

I<3Disney
10-08-2015, 10:01 AM
I just created a Youtube account and uploaded my iphone videos there. Anything I don't want the world to see I set as a private video.

So you can set that as like a playlist too? We're kinda hoping to stream it from Youtube on our bluray player.

cer
10-08-2015, 12:04 PM
No recommendations for the video conversion, but if you want to use your phone for recording and avoid the disruption of your vacation from the outside world, you can always turn off the push notifications, so that nothing pops up on your screen. It requires the user to go into the app to retrieve any messages, and is much less of an interruption.

Another thing I am thinking of doing is removing facebook from my phone altogether. You can do this temporarily for your vacation time and see how it goes. You can always reinstall...

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Speedy1998
10-09-2015, 12:55 PM
So you can set that as like a playlist too? We're kinda hoping to stream it from Youtube on our bluray player.

I have not tried to setup a playlist with my videos, but I assume you can. I usually just choose the link to "My Uploads" when I want to see videos that I uploaded.

CarrieAllie
10-09-2015, 07:43 PM
You can import video files from your phone, onto your computer. Unless you have a really old computer, you can use your built in basic editing program like iMovie or Movie Maker to create a finished video and DVD. You could also drop the video files directly into a burn folder and specify what type of DVD you want to burn.

I would suggest a new camera, rather than an iPhone, if you want lots of video footage and not just short clips. Black Friday is coming up... lol

You should also be able to retrieve your last vacation video from the camera, as well. There are lots of ways to import video, or work around problems. If you want help with that and want to share what your camera model is and such, I could advise. On the easier for you side, you could take it in somewhere to have them retrieve the data, possibly even someplace as simple as Best Buy.

CarrieAllie
10-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Video/TV prod & photography was my high stress DC job, until we moved several months ago, lol.