PDA

View Full Version : Dessert Party

Catzle
10-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Is it worth it to do the dessert party to get a guaranteed good viewing of fireworks at the Halloween party?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-06-2015, 12:34 PM
"is it worth it" is always a hard question to answer. For some it is, for others not.

I'm a no vote for the dessert party during the Halloween party. You've already paid extra to be there, and there is enough to do without the added cost and time of the party.

But, as you said, it gets you a decent view of the fireworks, although we watched from behind the castle one time (just got caught there), and even without the projections on the castle it was pretty awesome - so I may not be the best judge of good fireworks viewing. :)

Catzle
10-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Thanks don't really even want the desserts just the guaranteed good views for the parade and fireworks.

Daughter has celiac so can't eat any of the desserts anyway.

Terra
10-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Personally I think dessert parties are a waste of money [but we're "poor" LOL. By poor I mean lower middle class]. We just have one person stake our claim 1-1.5 hours before the fireworks or parade and then rotate if we need too.

I can't lie [and again this is just my own personal view], it's kind of elitist IMHO.

Pirate Granny
10-10-2015, 08:27 PM
It is very expensive, that said my adult daughters felt it was well worth the money for the MNSSHP ...parade seating on the curb was dead on to the castle, the mug full of candy eliminated trick or treat and the not so crowded fireworks view perfect. That said $120 ticket $60 to a mnsshp ticket and $60 for the dessert party is a steep price to pay.

Pally
10-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Just to let you know they do have fresh fruit that is available. I have asked a CM on occasion if they had a particular berry as my son does not eat sweets and they were more than happy to accommodate. He just does not have a sweet tooth. They also would have beverages that would be available. I am sure there would be something she could have. I would, however, not pay for the dessert party with no intention of eating anything. That would definitely not be worth it!