PDA

View Full Version : BC Studio Villa

JoDisney
10-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Is it big enough for 4 adults? I have seen pictures. It has queen bed, which is fine. However, for other two adults, it is a full sleeper sofa. Is that comfortable? Does not seem like it would be. Also, bathroom looks incredibly small. Single sink only, it seems. Do they have privacy curtains? It is reported as 365 sq ft. , but really looks smaller than Port Orleans.

Port Orleans has 314 sq ft. and has 2 queen bed which would be more comfortable than a sofa pullout bed, in my opinion. PO has privacy curtain too.

The only thing is Beach Club has so much outside of the villa studio that is a plus. So do people give up comfort when staying at studio villa because of Beach Club's pool, access to Epcot and HS, etc. ?

Please tell me your experience with BC studio villa for 4 adults. Don't suggest 1 bedroom villa. They cannot go up to that. They wanted least expensive at BC.

JoDisney
10-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Anyone from Magical Journeys please answer.

Hammer
10-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Not MJ, but as a DVC owner, I think a studio is a tight fit for 4 adults. I personally would look to stay in a regular BC room or possibly the Yacht Club. With that option, you get 2 queen beds and a larger vanity area. I have found that you can get discounts at Yacht Club rooms more often than Beach Club rooms.

I am going to move this to the DVC forum, as you'll find more people who have stayed in studios over there.

MyDisneyworld
10-07-2015, 09:27 AM
I have stayed at the villas in a studio with 2 adults, 2 kids ages 10 & 8 and it was tight. We have been trying to go for 1 bedroom more if possible. I have used the sofa bed for naps before and they are not the most comfortable for adults because you sink right into the bar area. For kids that do not weigh much it doesn't seem to be an issue. But any place you stay it's good because you are at Disney.

Enjoy your trip.

MyDisneyworld
10-07-2015, 01:29 PM
My wife normally books the trips and she said BCV is one of the few resorts that has an option to select 2 queen beds so that might be a better option for you. I know the others you can request a lock off unit which has 2 beds but it is not guaranteed to come through. Happy booking and enjoy your trip.

VWL Mom
10-07-2015, 03:20 PM
My wife normally books the trips and she said BCV is one of the few resorts that has an option to select 2 queen beds so that might be a better option for you. I know the others you can request a lock off unit which has 2 beds but it is not guaranteed to come through. Happy booking and enjoy your trip.

I show the 2 bed option for the 2 bedroom villas but not for the studios. As Christine mention though, if they want two beds why not just book the Beach Club rather than the villas.

dlpmikki
10-08-2015, 02:28 AM
The only DVC studios I know with 2 Queen beds are at OKW. Good size rooms there.

LynneM
10-11-2015, 04:16 PM
IMO, the DVC studios were designed for singles or couples. Are there sleeping spaces for 4 people? Yes. Is it comfortable for 4? Again, in my opinion, no.

The thing to remember about the occupancy limits is that they're limits. They represent the maximum number of bodies you can cram into the room without violating the fire code or the resort's rules. They don't indicate the number of people who'll be comfortable in the room.

DisneyGiant
10-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Eh - we sleep 4 in a "studio" when we utilize a 2 BR - where one of the bedrooms is a studio.

Its not the most comfortable thing in the world - but we're in a deluxe - so we deal.

You want to talk small studio - Bay Lake Tower - very small - in comparison to the BC or BW.