PDA

View Full Version : Episode 82 - It's Getting Out of Hand People

John
09-29-2015, 08:20 PM
The Cast: Melanie, John, Ian, Cindy, Michael

- What year did YOU graduate from High School.
- D23 Conference with Michael who was there.
- Harrison Ford, Moana, Bill Murray, Chef - the Food Truck movie, Randy Q-Newman, Michael cried, T-shirt canons.
- John gets to pull out his Walken.
- Parks going to be a mess for the next 5 years.
- Annual Passes - what are they going to cut?
- Queue’s were terrible at D23.
- Chris Evans was HOT.
- Shanghai Disney will be mind blowing.
- Stuff will be fixed for the next D23.
- Churros were AMAZING!
- Melanie has been Coast trotting - she’s bi-coastal having visited Disney World, Universal and Disneyland.
- Mel will never stay off site at Universal again! Club Level stays.
- Fantasia Gardens - Mel’s kids cant get enough.
- Disneyland looks great for the 60th. *Paint the Night & Disneyland Forever amazing.
- Aladdin being eliminated at Disneyland, Osborne Lights leaving Disney World. *- John thinks the show should move up the road to a different studio or that Universal should just start it’s own lights show. INTERCOT Consulting ™.
- The history of Osborne Lights told by Ian.
- John offers to move the Yaglenski Family Holiday Light Spectacular to Hilton Head if they contact him.
- Mulch, Sweat and Shears done.
- Take It or Leave It Tom Sawyers Island. Mel says take it. Michael takes it. Ian takes it, Cindy takes it, John takes it - Unanimous!
- Websites selling Disney Dining reservations to guests.
- #runICOT Marathon Weekend

>> Listen NOW to Episode 82... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2015/episode-82.asp)

BrerGnat
09-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Have only listened to part, but the beginning was so funny. In 1982 I was in preschool! I graduated high school in 1996.

And, I am totally going to figure out how to send Ian a churro ice cream sandwich from Disneyland. LOL!

diz_girl
10-01-2015, 01:56 PM
After yelling at my iPhone when you were discussing 1982, here's my :twocents: -

Like me, Ian was a July baby who graduated in 1987, so when we were 12 we were in seventh grade during the 1981-1982 school year. Mel was correct in stating that she was in sixth grade.

So doing Michael math -
1986-1987 - senior year
1985-1986 - junior year
1984-1985 - sophomore year
1983-1984 - freshman year
1982-1983 - eigth grade
1981-1982 - seventh grade - Ian and Michael (John was in ninth grade)

Also, with the mention of the movie Moana, did that remind anyone else of Moana Mickey's Fun Hut that used to be at the Poly? I loved that arcade.

And thanks for brining up Tom Sawyer Island. I need to have my kids go there on our upcoming trip. They will love it.

Thanks for another great podcast.

Melanie
10-01-2015, 10:32 PM
See, I was correct from the get-go. :D You guys then proceeded to get me all wonky.

PirateLover
10-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Mel was correct in stating that she was in sixth grade

See, I was correct from the get-go. :D You guys then proceeded to get me all wonky.

Actually wouldn't you both be correct? You were in 6th AND 7th grade during various parts of 82! Ahhhhhh.
I wasn't even a thought yet in 82:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Hammer
10-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Actually wouldn't you both be correct? You were in 6th AND 7th grade during various parts of 82! Ahhhhhh.
I wasn't even a thought yet in 82:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Thanks Maryanne for making me feel old (I am the same age as Mel, Michael and Ian) :old: :knit:! I was facepalming during that whole discussion!

Mendelson
10-08-2015, 11:54 AM
People need to be wary of dipping their churros in Mexico. I had a bad experience with that in college!

We hadn't been to TSI in probably 10 years, but with my son (now five) we've rediscovered it. A great getaway! And when he disappeared for 15 minutes there in June, I knew he couldn't have gone far.

cer
10-14-2015, 03:46 PM
Hey y'all,

This is just a random comment. In regards to the runners of the marathon being able to experience the Osborne Lights.....

Well, not so much. You do not hit Hollywood Studios until mile 23. If you run 5 minute miles the whole way and are in the first corral with no stops, that would put you in the studios a little before 7:30 and by then the sun is pretty well up.

I just wanted to comment, because I felt like I heard a bit of regret in John's voice about missing the lights because he was not doing the marathon.

Melanie
10-14-2015, 06:56 PM
Hey y'all,

This is just a random comment. In regards to the runners of the marathon being able to experience the Osborne Lights.....

Well, not so much. You do not hit Hollywood Studios until mile 23. If you run 5 minute miles the whole way and are in the first corral with no stops, that would put you in the studios a little before 7:30 and by then the sun is pretty well up.

I just wanted to comment, because I felt like I heard a bit of regret in John's voice about missing the lights because he was not doing the marathon.

If that was me commenting on that, I think I most likely mixed it up with the Wine & Dine Half. Sorry!

cer
10-15-2015, 10:56 AM
If that was me commenting on that, I think I most likely mixed it up with the Wine & Dine Half. Sorry!

That makes perfect sense. I have never done the Wine and Dine - I bet the Osborne Light are magical for the runners. It is a shame that this will be the last year for the runners to experience them. :(

tinkwest
11-09-2015, 05:59 PM
I'm trying to catch up on podcasts.

I'm okay with Aladdin leaving the Hyperian Theatre at DCA. The show is spectacular and I've seen it many times but at some point it needs to change. Any future replacements had just better be worthy productions.

Since there have been some comments on 1982 . . . I was celebrating my fourth wedding anniversary and working at an insurance agency.