PDA

View Full Version : BEACH CLUB VILLAS- Rundown?

A Mouse Fan
09-25-2015, 12:31 PM
I need your expertise! We usually stay at the WL Villas but since the construction will be going on next year, we are thinking of staying in a one bedroom Villa at the Beach Club. I know these were supposed to be renovated at the end of this year but I heard they put them off till 2017 or 2018. So that being said (for those of you that have stayed at the Beach Club Villas lately) are they really run down and in need of an update or should we go ahead an book them. I will admit to being a bit of a hotel snob :mickey: (sorry just being honest) and don't want to be disappointed after spending a lot of money for our 10 day trip. Thank you in advance!

disneymom15
09-25-2015, 12:57 PM
We stayed in a DVC studio in 2011, it was in very bad shape.

sassafras
09-25-2015, 01:52 PM
Like you, we are thinking of staying at the Beach Club Villas on our next trip. I would like to also hear anyone's input on their condition.

Checkers
09-25-2015, 03:14 PM
I believe the renovations are to take place next year sometime. Some of our family is in a 2-br Thanksgiving week and I think you will get varying opinions. It is in need of an update, however, I don't think the villas are shabby, just worn. The location alone is great and the last time my family stayed there (last year) they felt it was fine.

tjstrike
09-25-2015, 09:31 PM
You can always stay at the Boardwalk, their renovations are supposed to be done by November.

WDWFanatic
09-26-2015, 09:40 AM
I would also suggest the Boardwalk, unless you are picking the Beach Club for the pool.

margiem
09-27-2015, 09:26 AM
We stayed at BCV in May 2014 and are going back for Thanksgiving. I was disappointed to hear that the renovations were postponed as the rooms are a little run down. It is in need of a complete overhaul but we aren't in our rooms a whole lot so the priority for us is the overall resort and the location. We have not stayed at many others though - we have also stayed in Kidani (Fantastic villa with 2 full bathrooms and a lot of space) and OKW (although the largest room, did not like the overall resort, not our style). Once I found BCV I was done looking. If you are looking for a "new" room, it won't be the place for you. Good luck with your decision.

Mendelson
09-28-2015, 12:08 PM
...the rooms are a little run down. It is in need of a complete overhaul but we aren't in our rooms a whole lot so the priority for us is the overall resort and the location.

:ditto: