PDA

View Full Version : Unforgettable Happens Here

John
09-22-2015, 10:22 PM
Disney Parks has announced a new campaign, which reminds your guests that around every corner, at any second or minute of every day, there’s a magical moment waiting to happen. Here, moments both big and little become stories that will be forever told and retold. And never, ever forgotten.

Here is the video (UPDATED):
https://www.youtube.com/embed/U6dvRvhbYyo?rel=0"

So - what do you think? Personally, I think the slogan is too long. Loved "Where the Magic Lives" myself. What are YOUR favorite Disney parks campaigns of the past. What would YOU use as a slogan?

DonaldDuck1117
09-22-2015, 11:25 PM
I've always thought the slogans are too long. Just go with "unforgettable" or "memories" or "dreams."

VWL Mom
09-23-2015, 06:33 AM
My favorite was "Remember the Magic". Think it was the 25th anniversary.

TheVBs
09-23-2015, 07:36 AM
I think it definitely captures how I feel about our memories of previous trips. It makes me miss our kids being little!

Tink1
09-23-2015, 09:23 AM
I am with Lynn, Remember the Magic. I can still sing the jingle from that campaign.

Nanc

PopPhan
09-23-2015, 09:28 AM
I just got a "This video has been removed by the user." message when I tried to view it.

Polynesian Dweller
09-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Hmm, kind of a meh reaction for me. I think that those of us who are already Disney fans, on boards like this, and don't have to be coaxed back aren't the target audience of these marketing campaigns. It only matters if it entices new visitors.

Coleby
09-23-2015, 11:08 AM
I just got a "This video has been removed by the user." message when I tried to view it.

I did as well

John
09-23-2015, 11:26 AM

Updating the link now - not sure why they killed the original.

Stu29573
09-23-2015, 11:48 AM
I like it. I also liked "Celebrate Today." :mickey:

baldburke
09-23-2015, 12:39 PM
I am with Lynn, Remember the Magic. I can still sing the jingle from that campaign.

Hmm...not remembering the jingle? But I think you may be on to something... Disney has always been about music. Everyone recognizes, "ba da da da da." Maybe WDW needs an enduring jingle?

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
09-23-2015, 03:52 PM
How about "Epcot, a vision of a few years ago!"

BrerGnat
09-23-2015, 10:55 PM
At least they were smart and chose an ambiguous word like "unforgettable." Unforgettable isn't always good...

Tink1
09-23-2015, 11:15 PM
Hmm...not remembering the jingle? But I think you may be on to something... Disney has always been about music. Everyone recognizes, "ba da da da da." Maybe WDW needs an enduring jingle?

Remember the night,
Remember the feeling
Remember the magic in our lives.
You opened up my eyes, to a new world revealing,
So remember the magic, just remember the magic,
One more time.

Brian Knight did the recording on the Parks album, Gloria Estefan sang it on the 25th Anniversary Special. Check youtube, it's there. (and you know it, I know you do LOL)

Nanc

Terra
09-24-2015, 05:36 PM
I like it! I know for us, especially my special needs son, and some of the wonderful cast members who make his visit extra special by chatting with him and such, make it unforgettable for us :)

brad192
09-25-2015, 10:36 AM
Hmm, kind of a meh reaction for me. I think that those of us who are already Disney fans, on boards like this, and don't have to be coaxed back aren't the target audience of these marketing campaigns. It only matters if it entices new visitors.

Totally agree. Disney knows they have us (and our $), so they're going after the new/infrequent visitor market. The video certainly pushes all the right buttons for that, and that's OK.

Speaking of pushing buttons - that shot with Pluto & the service dog made me a bit misty-eyed. :cry: :blush:

GoBlueLacheta
09-25-2015, 03:05 PM
Kodak Presents Pepto-Bismol Cake

brownie
09-25-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm with John on this one, I like "Where Magic Lives."

DizneyFreak2002
09-25-2015, 07:21 PM
This campaign is rather forgettable....

Terra
09-26-2015, 09:06 AM
All in the eye of the beholder's opinion I suppose :)

Last night, watching my two son's reaction to seeing the Boo to You parade for the very first time was absolutely unforgettable! :mickey:
I don't think I've seen them smile and become giddy so much as I did then!
For us this campaign truly means something :)