PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP on Halloween Night

diz_girl
09-22-2015, 04:13 PM
We will be going to WDW next month, arriving on Halloween (via the Autotrain). We have tickets for MNSSHP on Halloween. It is our first hard ticket party, so we've never been to MNSSHP before. Could you help me with some questions that I have?

Has anyone else gone to the party on Halloween night? If so...

When can we get into the park? Can you definitely enter at 4 with the party ticket?
How crowded is the party on Halloween night?
What should we expect with lines, rides, trick-or-treating, etc.?
What is a must do, in addition to the parade and fireworks?
What is a good park strategy to get the most out of the night?

Info about us -
Family of 4 - me, DH, DS8, DS4
Not going to MK until party ticket can be used
WDW veterans
First time at WDW with just the kids since we've had kids- other recent trips had extended family traveling with us

cer
09-22-2015, 04:32 PM
Ok, I have only done the Halloween party once, but not on Halloween.

You can and I would recommend that you enter early, but the party festivities / trick or treating, etc do not begin until the start of the party.

What I have heard is that Halloween night is crazy busy with people. I would not count on doing the attractions - except Trick or Treating, the parade, fireworks, and I would also make Haunted Mansion a priority. I just think that any time spent in line for a ride is going to be time wasted - unless it is early and the line is short. You are going to have to be the judge, but you should be able to tell by the length of the lines how you want to spend your time.

Do not miss the parade.

I would definitely look at the party map/schedule and see which characters are out for meet and greet in their Halloween attire. The time I went, I did not do this and missed out on a rare photo op with all the Dwarfs.

cer
09-22-2015, 04:34 PM
BTW - I think you are really going to enjoy WDW with your immediate family. It is a whole different trip! :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
09-23-2015, 07:32 AM
I've never been on halloween but I know it's sold out. We always get fast passes beginning at 4, 5 and 6....that may help out, if there is anything good left...if staying on site do that TODAY before the 30 day window pops up...enjoy the parade and fireworks....we've never stood in line for characters, they are out in force, but the lines are significant. I would let the kids enjoy the music dance parties, trick or treat and hopefully you have another MK day planned for the rides. Costumes...keep in mind it can be warm, but then again we are going next week and not the end of October.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
09-23-2015, 07:51 AM
I can give offer your our experience as we have done MNSSHP twice and both times were on Halloween night.

There is just something special about doing it on Halloween night as you feel you are at a huge costume Halloween party. Each time we could not get over some of the costumes that people were wearing. It was awesome!

As stated you can get into the park at 4 PM with your bands. You can also do FP+ up until the official start of MNSSHP which I believe is 7 PM. We were able to do 2 FP+ rides from 4 to 7 which was great.

It does usually sell out and that is what happened both times we did it on Halloween night. People do line up for the parade early to get a good seat so keep that in mind. When we did it the parade ran twice that night.

There are trick or treat stations throughout the park handing out candy and lots of it. Near the end of the evening the cast members were just throwing tons of candy in my kids bags. They hand out bags for your candy.

As far as best strategy to get the most out of the night. If you arrive at 4 PM and stay to closing time which could be midnight you will be there almost 8 hours which is a full day with small kids and arriving that day on the AutoTrain you guys might get tired early so plan on what you want to see/do, allow for a break to eat and parade time and I think you will all have a blast. Enjoy!