PDA

View Full Version : VW Diesel

Speedy1998
09-22-2015, 12:38 PM
So, Any one else have a VW TDI?? My wife and I have 2. I bought mine because it could go 800 mile on a single tank of fuel. My wife liked mine so much she decided she wanted one as her next car. So now I have two cars that are going to be recalled. I just hope the fix does not hurt the performance too much.

diz_girl
09-22-2015, 03:55 PM
I used to own a 2005 Jetta TDI and I loved that car. I always (and probably annoyingly) bragged how I could get 50+ MPG and could go 675 miles on a 13.5 gallon tank of gas. I could go from NJ to WDW on two tanks of diesel. It was awesome. I think that the longer range now is due to a larger tank rather than better fuel efficiency.

I consider that car the best car that I've ever owned and I still miss it. My family outgrew it and it went to a good home.

Speedy1998
09-22-2015, 04:54 PM
I think that the longer range now is due to a larger tank rather than better fuel efficiency.

I believe your right, the new air quality standard effected the 2009 + models. So even with VW cheating the system it takes perfect driving conditions for me to get 50 MPH. I am usually around the 44-46 range. With the 18.5 gallon tank I can make it from Houston to Pensacola with about a 1/4 tank to spare. We usually spend the night in Pensacola on our way to Disney.

Goofy4TheWorld
09-22-2015, 05:03 PM
I don't understand why these vehicles, which are getting 50+MPG, fail to meet air quality standards? :shrug:

Maybe the standards are wrong?

BrerGnat
09-22-2015, 05:38 PM
I don't understand why these vehicles, which are getting 50+MPG, fail to meet air quality standards? :shrug:

Maybe the standards are wrong?

It's based on emissions, not MPG.