PDA

View Full Version : Lost cell phone on Mine Train

DonaldsBFF
09-22-2015, 12:24 AM
Just got back home right now from our trip but I wanted to see if anyone could ease my anxiety about a cell phone that I lost on SDMT on Sunday. Somehow it fell out of my pocket on our last full day after being there on all the rides the rest of the trip. Anyway I know exactly where it fell out as it was right before you enter the mine. It fell under the track as I believe it is raised off the ground at that point. So I told the cast member when I got off the ride and they said they can't look for it until after park closing and then if it is found it is taken to lost and found at TTC. For good measure I went to guest services at the MK to file a claims and give my name, address, description of the phone and a number to reach me at if found. They told me to call lost and found Monday to see if it was found but no luck. The cast member on phone said it sometimes takes a couple days for items to get to them. My question is how likely is it that I will ever get my phone back? I will keep calling lost and found but is there a better number I should call? Will they actually look under track for phone? Any answers would be appreciated.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
09-22-2015, 03:17 AM
It is possible that you will get it back, but I wouldn't count on it. I lost mine at Universal, ordered a new one the same day.

magicofdisney
09-22-2015, 09:48 AM
I lost my keys (house, car, mailbox, etc.) at a resort one time. It took nearly a week before they were turned in to anyone that could assist me with their return. Like you, I left my pertinent information. Shortly, they showed up in the mail. Disney mailed them to me and didn't charge me postage. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-22-2015, 10:34 AM
I lost my phone at the resort a few trips ago, and it was found by a CM. Unfortunately, we'd already left Florida and it took about a month for it to work through the system and finally get mailed back to me. I honestly never thought I was going to see it.

We made many, many calls to Lost & Found, and they kept insisting they didn't have it. A head honcho at the resort finally sorted it out for us and got the phone mailed.

All of this to say, keep calling, but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't make its way back to you.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-22-2015, 01:15 PM
I purchased about 6 park exclusive Pandora beads and stupidly not sent back to the room. By the end of the day, I had lost them - no idea where. Devastated, because I figured no one would ever turn these in. I dutifully called the Lost and Found and they were there! Let me tell you how that restored my faith in humanity. I know that I would have turned them in if I had found them, but so few people will.

When I went to pick up the beads, they literally had buckets full of cell phones in plastic baggies! The CM teasingly said "you get a free cell phone with every returned lost item". We both had a good laugh.

Do call and try - chances are it's there!! Good Luck.

#1donaldfan
09-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Good luck !!! My DD lost her phone and mine several years ago on Space Mountain....she had them in her small purse but they flew out (still in the purse) in "some turn". They found them that night after the ride was shut down and returned them to us the next morning, however they were destroyed. If yours just fell to the ground it may be ok, but I can't see why it was not returned to you the next day. They were right on it for us. :cool:

DonaldsBFF
09-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Good news, got a call from Disney today that they found my phone and shipped it out to me. Now as to the condition I do not know yet but will update when the phone arrives. I guess it just takes a bit for items to make their way to lost and found. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is still in good shape.

SBETigg
09-22-2015, 09:29 PM
My son lost his phone on Space Mountain. We went to the Lost and Found at TTC two days later, and they brought out a huge bucket of cell phones. They had us describe it and pulled it out of the mix, charged it, then asked us to confirm some information on the phone before turning it over to us. It still worked because it was left in the storage pocket on the ride, not that it fell out. But they're good at recovering things and getting them back to their owners, so there's a good chance! Oh, I see that you got it back! Yay! I hope it works now.

baldburke
09-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Good news, got a call from Disney today that they found my phone and shipped it out to me. Now as to the condition I do not know yet but will update when the phone arrives. I guess it just takes a bit for items to make their way to lost and found. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is still in good shape.

That's awesome! Disney cares!

#1donaldfan
09-23-2015, 01:24 PM
That's awesome! Disney cares!

They really do. My DS left his hat and sunglasses on Primevil Whirl years ago when it broke down on us. We had to climb down the ride from the top ... that was so cool. We didn't realize they were missing till hours later. We went back to the ride but it was operational again and couldn't stop it to check, so we did the lost n found thing and a month or so later they were mailed to us at home. I thought that was over the top nice of 'em. :cool:

tinkwest
09-23-2015, 03:54 PM

That is good news. I think they try their best to match up missing items with their owners. Sometimes it takes a bit of time. My DH lost his phone at Disneyland and reported it to Lost & Found. He had to replace it immediately because he needed it for work, but was still happy when he received the lost phone in the mail within a week.

TheVBs
09-24-2015, 07:16 AM
So glad you're getting it back! Hope it survived the fall. DH's cell phone fell out in one of the POTC boats. We realized it as soon as we got outside. Thankfully, in that situation, they were able to bring it right out to us.