PDA

View Full Version : Advanced FP+ Quetions

jhiltz
09-21-2015, 09:02 PM
We have used FP+ several times on previous trips. As we prepare for an upcoming trip, I have some detailed questions on FP+. I would appreciate any insights.

Questions:

I've seen conflicting information on when you can get a fourth fast pass. Is it the start of the window of your first fast pass of the day or is it the start of the window of your third fast pass? So, if I have a 10am-11am, 11am-12noon and 12noon-1pm, can I get my fourth fast pass at 10am or not until noon?
When you go to get your fourth fast pass, can you get one in the category where you could only choose one fast pass originally? For example, if you already got a Toy Story Mania fast pass, can you get a RRC?
Similarly, can you get a duplicate fast pass as your fourth fp, meaning another Toy Story Mania (of course, assuming it is available)?
What if you don't want any fast passes in the second category at Epcot? If you only get one fast pass+ ahead of time, are you able to get a second fp+ in the park day of at an attraction in the prime category? Meaning, if I only book a Soarin' FP at say 10am. Once I use that, could I book a second FP at either Soarin' or Test Track?
Our family became seasoned pros at FP's and had a specific strategy on collecting them, using them, etc. I'm curious for those seasoned FP+er's, what strategies are working? For instance, do standby at rope drop, schedule fp+ mid-morning to then free up possibility of booking afternoon/evening fp?

Would love any hidden tips and tricks!
Thanks!
Jacquelyn

tjstrike
09-21-2015, 10:51 PM
For instance, do standby at rope drop, schedule fp+ mid-morning to then free up possibility of booking afternoon/evening fp? From what everybody says, this seems to be the best strategy. As far as getting the 4th FP+, it's my understanding that you had to use your 3rd FP+ 1st before you could get a 4th.

Polynesian Dweller
09-21-2015, 11:17 PM
For instance, do standby at rope drop, schedule fp+ mid-morning to then free up possibility of booking afternoon/evening fp? From what everybody says, this seems to be the best strategy. As far as getting the 4th FP+, it's my understanding that you had to use your 3rd FP+ 1st before you could get a 4th.

Right but with slight modification, you can get the 4th FP when the third is either used or expires. An FP expires when the hour of return passes without it being used.

So, OP none of your times are correct. The fourth would be available at 1:00pm or when you use the third, whichever comes first. You can then get any FP you want subject to availability of course. If all TSMM are gone they are gone.

VWL Mom
09-22-2015, 05:19 AM
What if you don't want any fast passes in the second category at Epcot? If you only get one fast pass+ ahead of time, are you able to get a second fp+ in the park day of at an attraction in the prime category? Meaning, if I only book a Soarin' FP at say 10am. Once I use that, could I book a second FP at either Soarin' or Test Track?

The system automatically assigns FP+ for the second category if not selected. It will not accept less than three. You could assign the times to earlier and let them expire.