PDA

View Full Version : Memory Maker

Goofy-n-Alabama
09-21-2015, 10:21 AM
Going to Disney last of Oct.- first week of November:mickey:. Was thinking about buying Memory Maker but not sure if the value is there?? Should Disney start a Fast-Pass line for those that purchase Memory Maker at Charachter meet and greet areas?? Would this then make the price of Memory Maker worth it??? Just wondered what everybod thought about it and whether you feel that it's a good value NOW as it is.

i'm grumpy
09-21-2015, 12:02 PM
We did not purchase it the last time. We just don't feel the quality has been that good. They only got pics of one of the kids at Ohana this time. :mad:

EeyoresBestFriend
09-21-2015, 01:12 PM
It's worth it if you take a lot of photos and are there for a while.

It appears that most photos or photo download are about $14.95 ea. So if you plan on getting more than 13 photos, the Memory Maker is probably a better deal. Keep in mind you also get all ride photos and videos. We had TOT and 7 dwarves on ours and then there are the animated magic shots that are pretty cool too.

Hope this helps! Have fun! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-21-2015, 02:49 PM
We usually get it. I like having pictures with all of us in them, and over the years we have had some AWESOME photos.

I wish there was a "button" you would wear that says "I have Memory Maker", so they would take more time and actually try and get good photos, since they know you care. Again, we've had great photos, and some duds ... it would be nice to have less duds.

That being said, a number of my all-time favourite pictures of us were taken by Disney photographers.

Priority Four
09-21-2015, 05:19 PM
We did it in June for the first time. Great not having a camera. We ended up with 400+ pics in a seven day period. Many were terrible, but there were some real gems that made it worth it for us. I don't care for the ones they add characters and what not to. It was very convenient. We also had fun with the photos as well knowing we would keep them. For instance, our party of six in three separate cars on BL all made "game faces" for the pic. Those three pics are awesome.

jhiltz
09-21-2015, 09:44 PM
We bought it ahead of time for our last trip and loved it. We made a point of getting a lot of family shots. In the past, we never purchased the ride photos, so it was fun to get all of those. It was a great way to capture the entire family and not have to ask someone (even a disney photographer) to take photos of us on our own camera. I also like that for the one price you get all of the digital photos and you're done.

ktflisa
09-25-2015, 07:54 AM
If I purchase memory maker, and there are 4 people in our party, and we are all linked on My Disney Experience - how will it know one of them is on a ride and to put it on our "disc"? As in - my husband will ride ToT but I won't... how will "it" know to put his ride photo on my memory maker package?
thanks!

Fangorn
09-25-2015, 11:29 AM
If I purchase memory maker, and there are 4 people in our party, and we are all linked on My Disney Experience - how will it know one of them is on a ride and to put it on our "disc"? As in - my husband will ride ToT but I won't... how will "it" know to put his ride photo on my memory maker package?
thanks!

"It" knows. Remember, your magic bands are ONLY a way to access your MDE account - nothing is actually stored on the bands except for an access code. So, if everyone's band is linked to the MDE account that also has the Memory Maker liked to it, then any of those bands can be used to connect photos to the account.

It works.

Steve

allgiggles
09-25-2015, 01:30 PM
We purchase it every time and find it to be well worth the cost. On our most recent trip (in June) we had about 300 raw photos and over 1,000 by the time I was finished editing. We think it's worth it for the ride photos alone but we try to stop almost any time we see a photographer to make sure we're getting plenty of shots. We also always ask if they do any magic shots. On our last 2 trips we've gotten lucky and had a photopass photographer randomly capture some very candid moments of my daughter just having fun. And the new(ish) videos and animated magic shots are a nice bonus!