PDA

View Full Version : MK on day of Halloween party that evening

Peaceful
09-20-2015, 03:36 PM
My son and granddaughter are flying down to visit and we are going from Tampa airport to Disney. We are staying at Art of Animation in a Lion King suite (yay!!) and then plan to spend the next day at MK. Just a pick out of the hat in order to make our dining reservations in advance. I recently noted the park closes at 7 p.m that day, which is Friday, October 2nd, and made our dinner at Kona Cafe, so we could leave MK before closing and head over for dinner and simply relax. We will drive back to my house after dinner.

Now...anyone have experience with MK during the overlap times between party goers coming at 4-7 p.m. and people already there? Is it too crowded and crazy to enjoy the last couple of hours before the park closes (we would probably be leaving around 6:30 for dinner)? They will be paying a premium for their tickets.

It would be a simple thing to choose another park and reservations, this being nearly two weeks out. In fact, I rather enjoy planning. For the cost for them for one days' admission, if it meant after 4 it would be packed, i will make a change. I have a pass, so for me, I'm ready to relax after 5 anyway. Not so much for my 9-year-old granddaughter.

I am fully aware responses are simply observations from past experiences and am happy for any input.

Main Street Jim
09-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Now...anyone have experience with MK during the overlap times between party goers coming at 4-7 p.m. and people already there? Is it too crowded and crazy to enjoy the last couple of hours before the park closes (we would probably be leaving around 6:30 for dinner)? They will be paying a premium for their tickets.From a former MK Cast Member:

Most folks will simply head out after the 3:00 parade (3:30ish or so). You shouldn't have too much of a crowd to deal with between 4:00 and 7:00. You might still find lines (45 minutes-plus) at Mine Train, Space, Thunder, etc., but, the rest of the park shouldn't be *too* bad.

As for getting to Kona, take the Polynesian resort launch (boat) over to the hotel. Lil' bit quicker than Monorail, as the Poly is the third stop on the Resort loop (after Contemporary and TTC). Somethin' different, too, rather than the "same ol' same ol'". :thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
09-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Veteran "rookie" question...:P

So, we purchased our MNSSHP tickets online, and the wife printed 'em out (I'm guessing they're not "attached" to any of our Magic Bands). Once we get to the park, where do we need to go: straight to a "turnstile" (where a CM will activate the tickets and give us wristbands), or, do we go to the Guest Relations window out of the park?

Peaceful
09-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Thank you very much, Jim. Makes good sense to me! I also will take your advice and use the launch. Sounds like a perfect Disney day is in the making!