PDA

View Full Version : fastpass+ MDE two trips

waymickey
09-17-2015, 11:46 AM
I just got back from Disney and tried the fastpass plus. I found that on the fly fastpasses were used more than the ones I made 30 days in advance.

I am going back two more times and curious about how it will work on MDE. I am buying the tickets through a third party and will have to link them for both trips.

The first trip I will be off site and the second trip staying on site. I just set up the magic bands for the second trip. Will I be able to link the tickets without linking them to the magic bands for the first trip? I mostly want to make reservations to eat.

I know that was confusing, sorry :(, I hope some one can help.
Thank You in advance.

Fangorn
09-17-2015, 03:57 PM
The key to remember is that NOTHING is actually ON the magic bands. EVERYTHING is linked to your MDE account. Magic bands are merely a way of accessing your MDE account, and they are completely interchangeable - you can use any band you have active on your account at anytime. (At least that's how it normally works - there are folks who have experienced some issues with multiple bands. I haven't and I currently have 7 active bands)

You can link multiple tickets to your account, but there's no specific way within MDE to designate which ticket you want to use for which trip. Best to only link one ticket for the first trip and then link the second ticket when the first trip is complete. Otherwise,you could find that the system has activated both tickets during the first trip and you have nothing left for the second.

If your main desire is to make dining reservations, then that's not a big deal. You do not have to have a magic band, room reservation or tickets to make dining reservations. You don't even have to have an MDE account, for that matter. Just go on-line or call and make them. It is easier if you have an MDE account, since then all your ADRs will show up on your account, but it's not a requirement.

You do have to have a ticket linked in order to make FP+ reservation, but not for dining.

Hope this helps.

Steve

waymickey
09-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Yes that helps a lot.
I do not have a magic band yet and I imagine it will not be mailed until much closer to my trip in December.
I was concerned it would get link to the band and I would not have it, but now it makes sense.

I did not realize that you did not need park tickets to make dinning res. I want to surprise my family with a different dinning experience. Still not sure what.