PDA

View Full Version : Sushi?

BIGDOG
09-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Where is the best deal for Sushi on Disney Property? I'm looking for quality and pricing I know Cali grill is good but kinda $$$$$

VWL Mom
09-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Kona Cafe has good sushi IMO, also Tokyo Dining. Wolfgang Puck also has a sushi bar.

texas211
09-15-2015, 07:36 PM
No such thing at WDW, but Orlando has a few good places.

SBETigg
09-15-2015, 07:44 PM
We've enjoyed Tokyo Dining, Kimonos (the Swan, also karaoke), and the Kona Cafe, all reasonably priced compared to California Grill.

The Dad
09-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Tokyo dining for the real McCoy......California Grill is good but it's more of an Americanized, California "fusion" type of thing.
Enjoy life to the MAX!

Mickey'sGirl
09-15-2015, 09:17 PM
I think Wolfgang Puck's is the best sushi at WDW. We also really enjoy the sushi and service at Tokyo Dining in Epcot.

Arielfan98
09-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Katsura Grill at EPCOT wasn't that bad. They had good sushi selections and I love the teriyaki chicken there.

Melanie
09-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Tokyo Dining is definitely good sushi!

TheVBs
09-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Another vote for Tokyo Dining. And, I was pleasantly surprised to find it in the food court at AoA! It's not exceptional there of course, like what you'd find in the grocery store. But, it was a really nice option to have at the resort.

BIGDOG
09-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Looks like Tokyo dining and Wolfgang will need to be visited. My kids got me hooked on Sushi after years of never wanting to try it now I'm like a Sumo wrestler when I go out for Sushi.

DANAM
09-16-2015, 08:55 PM
We really enjoyed Kona Cafe. We actually went back a second time it was so good. It was reasonable for Disney. We had it at lunch. Apparently they used to only offer it at dinner.

MyDisneyworld
09-17-2015, 09:22 AM
Another vote for Tokyo Dining and we also like Kona Cafe.
Enjoy

WiltonJohn
09-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Tokyo Dining for sure has good sushi. Rice and the rice dressing is well prepared.

Well presented, but not as well as it was years ago.

Over the years we've been eating there (many now) it has clearly become a bit more "Americanized". (Likely responding to the market.) For example, with offering more of crazy "everything but the kitchen sink rolls". Outside of the touristy places in Japan...... you don't typically find that stuff there. At one point I could swear remembering that Tokyo Dining actually had real wasabi .... not the 'green tempura paint' horseradish junk that is used in 99.9999% of places in the USA. Rare except in the really good places even in Japan (price of real wasabi is like buying drugs).

I think you will not be disappointed. I spend a lot of time actually in Japan (years now)... and that really (unfortunately) jades you as to finding good Japanese food. The 'yardstick' gets very discriminating.

Tokyo Dining is certainly darn decent for the USA. Not as good as maybe the "Little Tokyo" areas of some of the US west coast cities... but still very good.

PS: They still have flights of some decent Nihonshu (sake). If you've not tried GOOD sake, do yourself a favor and try the flights.

best,

..................john

Crow
09-22-2015, 03:05 AM
Tokyo Dining i usually visit every trip. and the sake flight

ThanxForNoticin
09-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Another vote for Tokyo Dining - we really enjoy the food and service there.

Hammer
09-23-2015, 12:46 PM
We enjoyed Tokyo Dining when we went there over Labor Day weekend. Like I have said about the restaurants in the France pavilion, it is a decent representation of the food you would find in that country, but it isn't 100% authentic. If you want that, one would need to go to Japan.

That said, I also enjoyed our sushi at California Grill. Yes, the rolls are more "fusion" style, but it was still presented beautifully and tasted delicious!

beksy
10-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Is Sushi on the dining plan (we'll be on the deluxe plan so have appetizers too) at any of these locations?