PDA

View Full Version : Which resort to stay in for Flower and Garden?

dlpmikki
09-14-2015, 04:19 PM
Location wise BCV are probably the obvious but for some reason we are not too keen on them (apart from the pool!). How about Boardwalk? I've only stayed there once and the walk to reception was almost as long as the walk to Epcot. BLT is another option because MK fireworks are always fun. Not tried GF or Poly DVC yet and suspect they are a lot of points. And of course the huge size of 1 beds at OKW is always a draw!

So what do people think: where would they choose and why? :mickey:

tjstrike
09-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Where do you plan to spend the majority of your time ? If you're going for F & G and plan to spend a lot of time at EPCOT then yes, BCV or BWV is the place to be. Both are also a short walk to DHS.

faline
09-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Boardwalk trends to fill up fast during the Flower and Garden show. I know what you mean about the distance from room to desk - when we stayed here we were actually tucked up against the wall of the piano club!!

You can't go wrong with any of those choices though my first choice would be Bay Lake Tower. It's always nice to be in the Magic Kingdom loop and Epcot is easily accessible from that location via the monorails as you know. And, yes, you can't beat the size of the rooms at Old Key West!! I know that location has long been a favorite of yours though the buses too and from everyone can make it a little more tedious.

Ed
09-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Mikki, I read recently somewhere that the Boardwalk Villas are being refurbished (which, IMHO, is long overdue) and the article included some photos. We stayed there in late March, and our 1BR villa, which had not been refurbished, left a bit to be desired. And we were quite a distance from the lobby, owing to the layout of the resort.

VWL Mom
09-17-2015, 05:45 AM
If you have the extra points I would say give VGF a try since it would be a new one for you, otherwise I'd go with BLT partly because of ToWL access. If your short points then OKW but didn't you have problems there regarding first floor access?