PDA

View Full Version : DHS - Will it be worth it in 2016?

DisneyGiant
09-14-2015, 12:04 PM
Was just chatting with a colleague who is a fellow DVC Member - and we were wondering what its going to be like at DHS while they are building the new changes.

We thought for sure, they shouldn't sell a one day pass for that park - and that it might necessitate folks to buy the hopper tickets - as it will truly be a half day park for a while.

We will probably go there because the teens in our family are Rock & Roll\Tower\Toy Story Mania fans - but I really wouldn't mind skipping it for a while until things settle.

Thoughts?

EeyoresBestFriend
09-14-2015, 12:17 PM
Just my thoughts ~

I think it would be like AK while all this work is going on. We were there in March and so much of the park was behind walls. It was a bit discouraging but I know(hope) that good things are coming.

But then we always get park hoppers so it isn't a big issue. For some folks, I could definitely see the FP prebook being an issue though.

Daisy'sMom
09-14-2015, 01:04 PM
We probably will skip it, like we have with AK. Guess we will stick with Epcot and MK.

Strmchsr
09-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Most of 2016 you probably won't notice things a ton different than they are now. I had a chance to get a firmer look at the plans last week while teaching at WDW. A lot of the work will be taking place backstage initially and most attractions that are currently open will remain open. Things that are likely to start going down quickly will be Lights, Motor, Action and then the Streets of America and Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. But, those will be later in the year and most of the things currently open will stay open. It's looking like the initial reports of Prime Time Cafe going away were incorrect and, as I posted elsewhere, I have confirmation the Indy Stunt Show isn't going anywhere. The Frozen Sing-A-Long has been confirmed for an extended stay in the theater where it is now (previously where American Idol was). The Animation building is already being re-purposed into a new Star Wars area and that will open later this year.

i'm grumpy
09-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Great!! I was bummed about Prime Time changing. :D

DisneyGiant
09-15-2015, 11:16 AM
Thanks Chris.

At best though, still a half day park.

I'm thinking of night time fast passes & going to another park in the morning without........

We were stuck there this year, looking at each other - after we used our Toy Story Mania fast pass - "ok what do we do now?" The group comprised of people who don't go on Tower or the Rock & Roll Roller Coaster - and we had all already seen the Mermaid, Movie Ride & Star Tours on another day.

I wrote to Guest Relations about it - the system forced us to pick 2 other fast passes there - that we had no intention of using. And we couldn't grab any more fast passes at other parks until we used all three. Annoying to say the least.

Guest Relations called me & gave me the spiel that they are working on it & appreciated my feedback.

2Epcot
09-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Disney CA Adventure Park did a good job during all of its recent construction. Much of their work was at the front of the park so they had to create a new temporary entrance. Lots of walls to navigate that kept changing, but they kept everything open and created a way to get there if it was not directly part of the renovations.

texas211
09-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Great!! I was bummed about Prime Time changing. :D

WHat is changing at Prime Time?

And it is already a half day, minus coming back for Fantasmic.

i'm grumpy
09-16-2015, 11:25 AM
There were rumors it was going to be part of Star Wars land. I'm confused as to why the Bay is on the Pixar side. :confused:

CarrieAllie
09-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Yeah, totally a half day now. I actually took a whole day off my usual trip plan. Will just do AK In the AM, and the Studios for the evening. Can't imagine my husband enjoying much of what is left there.

Not super excited about the changes either, the movie themed lands always seem cheesy to me, and less imaginative than making the theme parks there own creative palette. But, I'm sure it will be fun anyway.