PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Offsite Dining

elorac
09-11-2015, 06:30 AM
Having already explored most Disney dining options but very little offsite, I want to know your favorite Off-Property restaurants.

What are your favorite go-to OFFSITE places to eat?

Ed
09-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Drive down Hotel Plaza Blvd and turn left on 535. Continue north for 5 miles to Sand Lake Road and turn right. Welcome to Orlando's "Restaurant Row". Lots of restaurants on both sides of the road. A few of our favorites are Roy's ($$$), Bonefish Grill ($$), and Too Jays Deli ($ - $$). And there are plenty more right in that area that we haven't experienced yet.

Main Street Jim
09-11-2015, 05:48 PM
West on I-4 to Haines City exit (US 27 south). About five miles south is Manny's Chop House (steak house) on the right-hand side. *BEST* steak I've ever had - well worth the short drive. Get there *before* 4:00pm, though, as the place fills up *FAST*!

texas211
09-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Kinda related, the Publix on 417, in Water Tower place. Great place to get some hot stuff from deli,hot bar and salad bar. We'd swing by there after a day at the parks, load up, and go back to the resort/hotel. Lots of parking too.

eandrsmom
09-13-2015, 01:39 AM
We love Giordano's and Smokey Bones.

elorac
09-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Drive down Hotel Plaza Blvd and turn left on 535. Continue north for 5 miles to Sand Lake Road and turn right. Welcome to Orlando's "Restaurant Row". Lots of restaurants on both sides of the road. A few of our favorites are Roy's ($$$), Bonefish Grill ($$), and Too Jays Deli ($ - $$). And there are plenty more right in that area that we haven't experienced yet.

Bonefish Grill is now on my shortlist of restaurants to try. Thanks for the info on "restaurant row"

elorac
09-19-2015, 06:00 PM
West on I-4 to Haines City exit (US 27 south). About five miles south is Manny's Chop House (steak house) on the right-hand side. *BEST* steak I've ever had - well worth the short drive. Get there *before* 4:00pm, though, as the place fills up *FAST*!

This place looks legit, we are definitely going here. Thanks!

elorac
09-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Kinda related, the Publix on 417, in Water Tower place. Great place to get some hot stuff from deli,hot bar and salad bar. We'd swing by there after a day at the parks, load up, and go back to the resort/hotel. Lots of parking too.

I never thought to hit the local publix. Great idea...sounds perfect for lunch.

elorac
09-19-2015, 06:03 PM
We love Giordano's and Smokey Bones.

Been wanting to try their deep-dish pizza so Giordano's is also on the short list. Thanks!

BrerGnat
09-19-2015, 07:24 PM
We like Sweet Tomatoes at the Crossroads. Great place to fill up on healthy food for a decent price.

disney obsessed
09-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Yard House. I drive. My son in law runs it. Great food!

texas211
09-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Been wanting to try their deep-dish pizza so Giordano's is also on the short list. Thanks!

2nd for Smokey. It isn't Texas BBQ, but good.

BrerGnat
09-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Yard House. I drive. My son in law runs it. Great food!

We have a Yard House locally. It IS a great place, especially if you like beer.

EeyoresBestFriend
09-20-2015, 01:14 PM
Being that we are from the west coast of Canada, we love the Outback and Carrabas there since we have nothing like that here.

Although, if you are from the States, it might not be such a treat for you. :)

1DisneyNut
09-21-2015, 08:51 AM
When we stay on International Drive, we usually hit Miller's Ale House. They have a good selection and typically have a fresh fish special. They also have a wide range of beers on tap and bottles if you are interested. We have always had good experiences there.

tjstrike
09-21-2015, 10:32 PM
When we stay on International Drive, we usually hit Miller's Ale House. They have a good selection and typically have a fresh fish special. They also have a wide range of beers on tap and bottles if you are interested. We have always had good experiences there.

I 2nd the Miller's Ale house, great food and good prices. I think they have a special every night there. Last time we went I got a rack of ribs for $10.50

CaptSmee
09-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Hard Rock is my favorite period

elorac
09-23-2015, 11:49 PM
We like Sweet Tomatoes at the Crossroads. Great place to fill up on healthy food for a decent price.

Signed up for their email club and got a 20% off coupon for all adults. We are definitely going here next week.

Also have Yard House and Miller's Ale House on the short list. We are playing it by ear this go around. No dining reservations. Feels so freeing. And almost naughty.

dnickels
09-24-2015, 08:34 AM
If you'd like to try some local non-chain places over here on the SW side of Orlando these are some of my favorites.

BBQ
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse (Winter Garden, Winter Park)
- Harry & Larry's (downtown Winter Garden)

Great Sandwiches + BBQ
- Yellow Dog Eats (Windermere)

Mediterranean/Italian/Seafood
- Al Fresco (downtown Winter Garden)

Oyster Bar
- Lee & Rick's Oyster bar (Orlando)

MouseHouser
10-18-2015, 01:04 PM
Miller's Ale House all the way. I like the one on Rt 192, but the others are good too.

Great to watch football, good food, and cheap beer. 360 degree bar. It's all good.