PDA

View Full Version : MDE PhotoPass frustration!

TheVBs
09-10-2015, 01:04 PM
I've tried several times to modify our PhotoPass pictures on the WDW website since we got back less than a week ago. It has been so buggy and frustrating, that I'm lucky to make one change before I give up. It's the same experience in both Firefox and IE. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for this?

On the plus side, even though we had Memory Maker for the last 8 days of our stay, they extended it to our first 2 night, room only reservation. I thought that was really nice!

Thanks in advance for any help!

EeyoresBestFriend
09-10-2015, 04:21 PM
I found that it was incredibly slow and painful to get through. I have a Windows PC with ADSL (fast) service. I don't know if it is the Photopass site itself or the MDE that makes it so slow.

We had over 800 photos and it was mind numbing, frustrating to do anything to them - even just to bring them up to see them was ssllooowwwww!! Reloading and saving copies moved at a snails pace (sometimes a couple of minutes) and a lot of times would just crash. Refreshing didn't help either.

I guess that's why they give you a month to do it :D

Good luck - it is worth it in the end.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-10-2015, 09:35 PM
It is always like this! Editing the photopass pictures almost makes the whole thing not worth it.

I do it slowly, fighting through a few pictures each day, any more would make me go crazy.

TheVBs
09-11-2015, 08:47 AM
We've used it in the past, and while it's never been speedy, I've never had this much trouble with it! I can't even modify one picture most of the time. It's awful! I'm glad I got the pictures downloaded, but half the fun is adding the stickers and borders. You can't get those any other way. I'm not happy. :-(

baldburke
09-11-2015, 02:58 PM
We've used it in the past, and while it's never been speedy, I've never had this much trouble with it! I can't even modify one picture most of the time. It's awful! I'm glad I got the pictures downloaded, but half the fun is adding the stickers and borders. You can't get those any other way. I'm not happy. :-(

Totally agree that it's slow and buggy, but well worth the effort. It would be great to see them update the software.

g8rgirl29
09-11-2015, 11:44 PM
I was extremely frustrated by this after our December trip. I almost didn't purchase memory maker for this trip due to the issues with editing. I would pay extra just to have the add on stickers and borders included with the download so you could edit at your own pace with your own software. They could date all of them or something so you couldn't reuse them. I gave up about half way through and just downloaded the photo's with only about half with borders and stickers. I worked very hard and half the time it wouldn't save them, so aggravating!!

TheVBs
09-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Got an email response back from Disney regarding the trouble I've been having. They suggested using Chrome, so I tried it. What a huge difference!! I was able to go through nearly all our MK pictures in the last hour before things started to get a little funky. Decided to take a break for now. But I'm so glad this is working! I was ready to give up.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-13-2015, 01:28 PM
Thanks for sharing - I'm going to try this ... it drives me crazy EVERY time. But, I love the finish products, so I put up with it, but anything that help is AWESOME.

baldburke
09-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Thanks for sharing - I'm going to try this ... it drives me crazy EVERY time. But, I love the finish products, so I put up with it, but anything that help is AWESOME.

Agreed...the finished product(s) is/are well worth the effort!

TheVBs
09-14-2015, 10:02 AM
I do love the end results! I always get a huge kick out of seeing what new borders and stickers they have. So glad I can work with them at a better pace now. There's a light at the end of the tunnel!