PDA

View Full Version : DHS Hollywood Blvd ~

EeyoresBestFriend
09-01-2015, 01:09 PM
I was all bummed when they removed the Sorcerer's Hat since it was there on my first trip to MGM so it was normal for me. That being said, I thought that the return to the Chinese Theatre as the focal point, for nostalgic reasons, was nice.

Now this morning, I saw a picture on FB looking from the entrance and, low and behold, the first thing I see is one BIG Frozen sign dead centre of the end of the boulevard. Big enough that the top of the Chinese Theatre looks like a hat on the sign. The next thing that catches my eye in the picture is a second big Frozen sign to the right of the street.

REALLY?!?!?! :confused: They should've just left the Hat . . . .

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Yep, the park has been "Frozen" ... I think the Frozen stage is there until mid-September. We were hoping for pictures with the theatre too, but it wasn't to be.

Although, I have to admit ... there are some really cute Frozen photo ops. :photo:

Niecyboo
09-01-2015, 08:37 PM
The Frozen Fireworks are amazing but I really wanted to see the theater too. My first trip was before the hat so I was excited to see things as I remembered them, but the stage pretty much blocks the theater and makes for a poor traffic pattern when you are trying to get to Great Movie Ride.

Katzateer
09-04-2015, 08:39 AM
You aren't going to get a clear shot looking down the blvd to the theater.....ever. They had a permanent stage with high rise lighting that will be used for special events and entertainment that was installed after the hat was removed. Wasn't too crazy about it when I saw it in May. You can see the theater but not the full picture worthy view of the past.