PDA

View Full Version : Dinner suggestions

Lizzy
08-27-2015, 07:22 PM
We will be staying at PO-R Royal rooms Oct 9-11. We are going to DHS on Oct 9 when we get there in the afternoon. We have a FP for Fantasmic! at 7:30 and are trying to decide where we should eat dinner that evening. We are there celebrating DD 5th birthday. We aren't doing the dining plan, because we usually just to counter service or something. We have Crystal Palace reservations on the 10th. I was just wondering if we should count on doing counter service the first night or if we should try to get in somewhere nice to celebrate? Any suggestions? Should we try something at DHS or should we just grab something at the food court at the hotel and take it to our room.

We planned a very low key weekend so my DD can enjoy the Royal room so we are open to taking stuff back to the room with us.

faline
08-27-2015, 07:33 PM
You have many options. You could dine at one of the places in the Boardwalk/Yacht Club area before heading taking the boat over to Disney Studios. Or, for a fun place within Disney Studios, you might try either 50's Prime Time or Sci-Fi.

Itchy
08-27-2015, 11:10 PM
We went to Crystal Palace for my granddaughters birthday which happens to be the day after mine. We let the waitress know that it was her birthday and my daughter had to let them know it was mine as well.

Any way they brought a cup cake with a candle for each of us an since I was older than 2 I got a signed birthday card from all of the characters and the waitress. It was nice touch that was unexpected..

Kairi_7378
08-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Is her birthday on the 9th? If not, my suggestion would be to have a "linner" at POR and then head over to Hollywood Studios. IMO, the best counter service restaurant in Hollywood Studios is Starring Rolls and they are not open late. Alternatively, you can look at some of the BC/ YC places.

cer
08-28-2015, 04:22 PM
It might be fun to bus to DHS and then boat over to Beach Club Resort and have dinner at Beaches and Cream. It's a small venue, with kid friendly options and a large dessert menu with many ice cream options.

Boat back for Fantasmic.

Checkers
08-28-2015, 06:24 PM
It might be fun to bus to DHS and then boat over to Beach Club Resort and have dinner at Beaches and Cream. It's a small venue, with kid friendly options and a large dessert menu with many ice cream options.

Boat back for Fantasmic.

That would be my suggestion, too. Love Beaches & Cream!

faline
08-28-2015, 07:34 PM
Keep in mind that Beaches and Cream now accepts reservations and might be a tough restaurant to get into.

Susan A
08-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Since you are arriving that day, going to a park, spending the evening watching Fantasmic, and the age of your child, I would suggest keeping dinner simple. Too much excitement can be overwhelming. Crystal Palace can be your special meal. Spread out the fun!

#1donaldfan
09-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Sci Fi is always fun and has very good food. It's at the Studios so no traveling ....:mickey: