PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands

cknorr28
08-27-2015, 06:34 AM
How far out will it be before we receive our magic bands? Also do you have to purchase park tickets before Disney sends them to you? We are going at the beginning of November of this year. Thank you.

faline
08-27-2015, 07:21 AM
Magic Bands will be sent to you approximately 30 days prior to your trip. You should see the information about when the bands wills ship in your My Disney Experience account - they ship shortly after the end date of your ability to customize them. I don't believe you need to have park tickets in order to get the bands. However, you can't make any advance fastpass+ reservations without having tickets attached to your My Disney Experience account.

Itchy
08-27-2015, 11:16 PM
I got my magic bands 2 days after the end date to customize them. I was shocked how quickly they arrived. Since we have a package they attached our tickets to our bands. I think you can always have them linked to your bands after you buy the tickets.

Hope this helps....:mickey:

8 days till our next trip..:thumbsup:

Fangorn
08-28-2015, 12:53 AM
You do not need to have tickets in order for Disney to send you your Magic Bands. As mentioned, you cannot make FP+ without having tickets attached to your account.

You can customize your bands up to and including 30 days before your check in date. 29 days before check in, your bands are being customized. They are typically mailed 28 days before check in. Ours have always come from Memphis and take 4-5 days to get to us in the Pacific Northwest. Your mileage will vary on the shipping time.

Steve

Ms. Mode
08-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Here's a tip we found out in March; if you have older magic bands go in and disable them so they don't interfere with the current bands. They can be made active again later.