PDA

View Full Version : Art of Animation rooms

Susan A
08-25-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm toying with going to Disney this January. I'm still confused about the room selections at Art of Animation. Do each of the four themes have suites and standard rooms? :mickey:
Thanks!

AgentC
08-25-2015, 10:33 AM
The Little Mermaid section is all standard rooms. This section is furthest from the main building and has it's own pool.

Lion King is the next furthest section. It has no pool and the rooms are all suites.

Nemo section is right outside the main building. It has all suites and has the feature pool.

Cars sections is also close to the main building. It is all suites and has a quiet pool.

Susan A
08-25-2015, 01:21 PM
Thank you, AgentC.

My husband and I are looking at a standard room. I don't think my son would be so happy in a Little Mermaid room. The suites cost more than I thought. The kids desperately want to sleep in a pull down bed, lol!

Not sure what to do...

SurferStitch
08-25-2015, 01:34 PM
The rooms don't scream "Ariel". They are more just an underwater theme. Yes, Ariel is on the shower curtain, but the rooms aren't girlie at all.

The price difference between the standard rooms and the suites is quite substantial. I can see why you don't want to spend that much, but a family of 4+ would definitely have the room to spread out and not be on top of each other, that's for sure.

Perhaps Magical Journeys can help you get a good room discount on an AoA suite.

AgentC
08-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Thank you, AgentC.

My husband and I are looking at a standard room. I don't think my son would be so happy in a Little Mermaid room. The suites cost more than I thought. The kids desperately want to sleep in a pull down bed, lol!

Not sure what to do...

Port Orleans-Riverside, Caribbean Beach and the Fort Wilderness cabins all have pull down beds. The cabins are comparable in price to the AOA suites so they probably would work and it seems random at CB if you get one but according to the WDW site all the preferred rooms at POR come with a pull down bed. Price wise you would be between the AOA standard rooms and suites.

I haven't stayed in one those rooms since they added the pull down but there are probably site members who have.

Susan A
08-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Thank you!
I thought price dif between standard rms and suites at AOA was a little steep. I figured their suite suite prices would be a "value" rate. But compared to the suites at the beach club, I guess it is a value rate.

If cabins and suites at AOA are comparable, I think I would choose a cabin. It seems like I would get more for money... What do others think?

And we would visit MK the most.

AgentC
08-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Thank you!
I thought price dif between standard rms and suites at AOA was a little steep. I figured their suite suite prices would be a "value" rate. But compared to the suites at the beach club, I guess it is a value rate.

If cabins and suites at AOA are comparable, I think I would choose a cabin. It seems like I would get more for money... What do others think?

And we would visit MK the most.

Hmm. That's a hard one.

Room space is comparable but the suites are actually about 60 square feet bigger.

The cabin has a full kitchen and dining area. The suites have a kitchenette and the pull down bed is actually your table during the day.

The cabin has a full size bed with 2 bunks in the bedroom and the pull down bed in living room. The suites has a queen size bed in the bedroom, the pull down bed and a pull out sofa.

The cabin has 1 small bathroom. The suite has two full baths including a large master bath.

The cabins have the extras of the grill, the Fort Wilderness actives like the campfire and you boat to MK which I think is very fun. AOA has theming that kids (or at least my kids) seem to love. Oh and of course you are in your own little cabin so it is more relaxing and private.

So I guess it comes down to which amenities are more important to you. I'm not sure which I would choose.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-28-2015, 09:45 AM
There is a substantial difference between the standard rooms at AOA and the suites. It's true that there is also a substantial price difference, but keep in mind the following advantages of a suite over a standard room:

Totally separate master bedroom, with a queen size bed, a TV, and its own bathroom.

A full-sized 4-seater table that can be used for eating in the room, and then be pulled down to turn it into a full size bed.

A second full bathroom right next to the table/bed.

A den area with a pullout couch that makes a third bed, and also a coffee table and second TV in this area as well.

A kitchenette with a sink, fridge, and microwave.

Lots of room and plenty of places to store your stuff, with lots of drawers and hanging bars throughout the suite.

I think because of the interior hallways at the suites and the modern construction techniques, the suites are far quieter than the standard rooms.

For the money I still like Pop Century better, but only because we are more focused on the parks that the resort room. I just wanted to point out that unlike many resorts where they price the room based on a view or park proximity, you do get something tangible when paying the AOA price.

kakn7294
08-28-2015, 01:32 PM
One thing I would like to point out is that my 20 year old daughter stayed with us in AoA in June. She slept on the pull-down table that converted to a bed. That is at the front of the suite, next to the entrance door and therefore off of the main hallway. She did state that she could hear hallway noise, sometimes until late into the night. Also bear in mind that your son would be sleeping right next to the entrance to the suite. Depending on his age and maturity level, you may not be comfortable with that if he is the type to just open the door and check out the goings on in the hallway.

Otherwise, we LOVED the suite and the second bathroom was worth it's weight in gold with 2 - 15 year olds and a 20 year old, all girls.

Susan A
08-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Hallway noise is a good point. It bothered us (8yrs ago) at the Poly.

My kids are 9 and 7. They've never left a hotel room without our permission.

They've seen the AOA suites heavily advertised over the past few years. I told them we could stay there one day. But sticker shock has set in... Lol

Katzateer
08-29-2015, 07:12 AM
The AoA suites are very nice and spread out. With 2 kids it is a great set up (especially when they are older). But the price is certainly not in the value range.
I love the 2 bathrooms.

Love the decor. We were in the Lion King section and I couldnt find anything I didn't like about the resort or the room. For the mermaid section I would just stay at POP. Not much different in the rooms except newer at AoA. For the price difference POP is fine and the extra $$$$ can be used for food.

Susan A
08-29-2015, 10:28 AM
I can't remember of the top of my head, standard rooms at AOA cost less than rooms at POP?

And POP and AOA are within walking distance of each other, correct?

Thanks again!

allgiggles
08-29-2015, 02:57 PM
I can't remember of the top of my head, standard rooms at AOA cost less than rooms at POP?

And POP and AOA are within walking distance of each other, correct?

Thanks again!

The Little Mermaid rooms are the most expensive standard rooms at a Value Resort. The rooms at the All Star resorts are the cheapest followed by Pop Century. The LM rooms are 277 sq. ft. while all the other standard rooms are 260 sq. ft.

Yes, Pop & AoA are within walking distance of each other which comes in very handy as it gives you another CS restaurant to eat at. It also allows you to take the bus back to Pop and walk back to AoA if you want to.