PDA

View Full Version : Episode 81: Special Edition - Theme Park Expansion

John
08-18-2015, 08:10 PM
Shocking - another podcast so soon!

Enjoy!
-John

The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Christine Warner, Cindy Jachrimo, Ian Mitchell & John Yaglenski

In this Special Edition of the INTERCOT Insider Live Disney Podcast, the crew talks about the recently announced expansion to the Walt Disney World Resort at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the form of Star Wars Themed lands (also coming to California) and Toy Story Land.* They also discuss the new film announced for Soarin’ at Epcot and the Jungle Navigation Company at the Magic Kingdom. Finally, they take questions from INTERCOT’s Twitter feed and you, the listeners. Lots of new information and opinions galore on this jam packed episode!

>> Listen, Download, Love - SPREAD THE WORD! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2015/episode-81.asp)

cer
08-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Ca-ra-zy turnaround on this, John.

Impressive.

:rocks:

John
08-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Forgot to mention, you are seriously going to need a copy of the concept art for toy story land at one point or this show will drive you batty... ��

BrerGnat
08-19-2015, 05:43 PM
LOL...Ian doesn't get the orientation. So funny.

BrerGnat
08-19-2015, 05:50 PM
And Star Wars land at Disneyland will NOT replace Toontown. Just Big Thunder Ranch and the backstage area north of it. That makes me happy as we love it back there.

Melanie
08-19-2015, 05:53 PM
And Star Wars land at Disneyland will NOT replace Toontown. Just Big Thunder Ranch and the backstage area north of it. That makes me happy as we love it back there.

Yes. That info came out AFTER we taped.

cer
08-19-2015, 09:38 PM

So, I am not all up on my Disneyland areas. Is Big Thunder Ranch where they keep the animals and the location of that restaurant?

BrerGnat
08-19-2015, 09:42 PM
So, I am not all up on my Disneyland areas. Is Big Thunder Ranch where they keep the animals and the location of that restaurant?

Yes, basically. It is often the location of special holiday themed events, like Halloween pumpkin carvings and the reindeer at Christmas. It is where the petting zoo is. Word is the animals will be relocated. Perhaps to Critter Country, which would be more appropriate, theme wise.

Melanie
08-19-2015, 09:51 PM

Yes, where. the Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue is, which I will dearly miss. Such yummy comfort food! We're making it a point to eat there in a few weeks to say goodbye. Hopefully the animals will be relocated, along with somehow to continue the special meet and greets and activities they did back there.

2Epcot
08-24-2015, 12:13 AM
There will be walls .... Disney CA Adventure had walls everywhere while they rebuilt and moved the main entrance, created Buena Vista Street, built the Carthay Circle theater and Cars Land. There may be a few "tunnels" to get to certain attractions. In CA I believe they were able to keep everything open and accessible that wasn't directly involved in the renovations.

The map discussion was much easier to follow after I got the artist rendering and current park map side-by-side to follow along.

BrerGnat
08-24-2015, 10:57 AM
There will be walls .... Disney CA Adventure had walls everywhere while they rebuilt and moved the main entrance, created Buena Vista Street, built the Carthay Circle theater and Cars Land. There may be a few "tunnels" to get to certain attractions. In CA I believe they were able to keep everything open and accessible that wasn't directly involved in the renovations.

The map discussion was much easier to follow after I got the artist rendering and current park map side-by-side to follow along.

Yes, I remember that time period. I felt bad for people who were on vacation.

IIRC, they also lowered the admission price for DCA while all that construction was going on.