PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Parade Question

MrPeetrie
08-17-2015, 10:50 PM
So, I was watching a POV (from a link here,) which showed the afternoon parade. It appeared the parade originated on Main Street instead of Frontierland. Is that correct? Is that new?

Strmchsr
08-18-2015, 10:17 AM
The parade does occasionally start on Main St. Usually it starts from Frontierland but the backstage area actually allows them to go both ways.

Main Street Jim
08-18-2015, 07:39 PM
So, I was watching a POV (from a link here,) which showed the afternoon parade. It appeared the parade originated on Main Street instead of Frontierland. Is that correct? Is that new?Can you PM the link?

MrPeetrie
08-18-2015, 08:51 PM
Main Street Jim, I'm not sure how to PM, but the post is already gone (moved?). It was here yesterday, titled POV of Day at Magic Kingdom.

08-18-2015, 10:31 PM
Can you PM the link?

I too would like to see that link. Not to say that it didn't once (it did one morning about 2am when they were testing before the rollout last year) but having seen the FoF day parade at least 200+ times since the rollout, I have never seen it run from Town Sq. to the Splash gate.

FWIW: There are some logistic and other issues that make that "impractical".

Celebrate A Dream Come True did go from Town Sq. to the Splash gate.

Main Street Jim
08-19-2015, 07:03 PM
So, I was watching a POV (from a link here,) which showed the afternoon parade. It appeared the parade originated on Main Street instead of Frontierland. Is that correct? Is that new?I just watched the video in question.

The afternoon parade in said video was traveling in the correct direction, originating in Frontierland and ending at the Firehouse on Main Street. :)

The "POV" of the parade is from the Firehouse side of the street, with the Emporium to the left, and City Hall and the Main Street train station to the right.