PDA

View Full Version : Restuarant for dinner if BOG is full

Tinker1111
08-17-2015, 06:31 PM
So BOG is full and doesn't look like we will get a reservation for Sept either. So where would you go if you wanted a good dinner, and why?

faline
08-17-2015, 07:05 PM
I'd probably go to one of the monorail resort restaurants. There are some excellent choices nearby. Venues that come to mind include California Grill at the Contemporary, or Narcoosees or Citricos at the Grand Floridian. Those would be my top choices. I would also consider Kona Cafe at the Poly or The Wave at the Contemporary. Also, just a boatride away is Artist Point.

conan617
08-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Are you planning to stay near MK? I'm also guessing you are talking TS so - Ohana at the Poly because the bread pudding is fantastic. Or Artist Point for scallops (it's pricey though). Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary or 1900 Park Fare at GF are good buffets with characters.
Casey's, Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Rays are all good QS too.

If you are talking anywhere on property and somewhere you can still get an ADR for September. BOMA! I eat at BOMA every trip. I eat zebra domes like I won't get another meal in my life.

Ms. Mode
08-18-2015, 10:46 AM
If you want to stay in the park there is Tony's, one of our favorites although sometimes people here on Intercot give it a thumbs down, and The Plaza. The Plaza is a very small dining room and serves lighter meals but the location is excellent. :mickey:

SBETigg
08-18-2015, 11:33 AM
If I wanted to stay in the park, I would probably choose a counter service. If willing to leave the park, I would choose Narcoossees or California Grill, or Grand Floridian Cafe. There are other table service venues in the Magic Kingdom, but I think the resorts have better food and service than most of the table service choices in the park.

#1donaldfan
08-18-2015, 12:40 PM
If you are wanting to eat in the MK, then I highly suggest the Plaza !! The food, atmosphere and wait staff are great !! I love it there !! :mickey:

CynBeth
08-18-2015, 05:49 PM
If you want to stay in the park there is Tony's, one of our favorites although sometimes people here on Intercot give it a thumbs down, and The Plaza. The Plaza is a very small dining room and serves lighter meals but the location is excellent. :mickey:

We like Tony's as well.

jenperich
08-18-2015, 06:35 PM
We have also liked Tony's. The atmosphere is a little loud, but we really liked it.

tjstrike
08-20-2015, 10:50 PM
If you really wanted BOG then use Disney dining buddy or WDW tools to try and secure an ADR. This late in the game I think that Boma, Tusker house, Biergarten or something on those lines would be your best bet.

diz_girl
08-21-2015, 04:40 PM
I'd recommend going to one of the monorail resorts, as most of the TS restaurants in the MK get booked fast. If you really want to stay in the MK, you may want to try the Plaza, which a lot of people overlook. I have that booked for lunch during my November trip and I have only heard good things about it.

As for the monorail resorts, The Wave at the CR is the most convenient monorail resort TS restaurant and probably will have the best availability for dinner. It has good food and it's relatively quiet, so you can really have a relaxing meal there. Then I'd try the GF Cafe or Citricos or Narcoossee's. The GF has five (5) TS restaurants, so that resort can have restaurants with good availability. Many of the other monorail resort TS restaurants ('Ohana, Kona, 1900 Park Fare, Cali Grille and Chef Mickey's) do get booked up quickly.

Good luck.

GoBlueLacheta
08-25-2015, 09:17 AM
Location and price point obviously make a difference but there are many excellent options on the monorail loop. Like mentioned Kona Cafe and Grand Floridan Cafe (one of the most underrated places in DW), are excellent options and they aren't signature dining and would take less time than going out to WL or FWC.

Narcoosee's is wonderful and would put it slightly ahead of Citricos and Artist Point.

poodlemcduck
08-25-2015, 06:55 PM
We would try Whispering Canyon, O'hana, Liberty Tree, or Cali. Grille.

Kairi_7378
08-27-2015, 05:47 PM
I would consider a monorail resort restaurant or one of the WL places. I like coming back to the MK in the evening and enjoying it in the cooler temps!

Pirate Granny
08-29-2015, 06:04 PM
Wherever you decide, try to book quickly...unfortunately it's pretty close to September to be trying to book at TS.

lawgirl
09-06-2015, 10:03 AM
I used the Disney Dining Buddy app and got a BOG reservation for 7:00 on the night I wanted. And it was like 2 weeks before our trip. It was $8 to book it, but we were thrilled. And this was a crowded day. I highly recommend it, if its something important to you. Otherwise, at MK I would stick with CS. Columbia Harbor House was highly recommended, and also I love that place connected to Small World. We had a great meal there, and it was inexpensive.

lawgirl
09-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Or, we really enjoyed Kona Cafe this past trip. The food was great. And that shouldn't take too much time to hop on the monorail. We have little kids, so for us, leaving the park at dinner is a hassle. But Kona would be worth the trip!