PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Pub Crawl

acts
08-17-2015, 06:13 PM
For my birthday this year (adult only trip), I am thinking of doing a monorail pub crawl with my friends. Stopping at Poly, GF and the Contemp (not sure how you abbreviate the Contemporary?!). Has anyone ever done this? I saw some posts on instagram about this and it sounds like tons of fun. Trader Sam's at the Poly, the bar up behind the band at the GF, and the Calif Lounge at the top of the Contemp. I haven't been to any of these "lounges" yet, so any thoughts, ideas, suggestions are most welcome. Thanks! :)

SBETigg
08-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Have done this, and it is a fun way to pass an evening. You can make a meal of it, too. Some places have great snacks large enough to fill you up. You could consider adding to it if you wanted to make more of a night. The GF has Mizners as well as Narcoossees (you can go in for just a drink at the bar). The Contemporary has the Wave to consider, too. The Poly has a few options. You could take a boat over to the Wilderness Lodge, too. And of course, there are beach bars. Not that I would get too crazy.

Have fun! Cheers! :mickey::marg::mickey:

faline
08-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Have done this, and it is a fun way to pass an evening. You can make a meal of it, too. Some places have great snacks large enough to fill you up. You could consider adding to it if you wanted to make more of a night. The GF has Mizners as well as Narcoossees (you can go in for just a drink at the bar). The Contemporary has the Wave to consider, too. The Poly has a few options. You could take a boat over to the Wilderness Lodge, too. And of course, there are beach bars. Not that I would get too crazy.

Have fun! Cheers! :mickey::marg::mickey:

Don't forget there is also the Outer Rim Lounge at the Contemporary. Citricos at the Grand Floridian also has a bar.

pox24
08-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Many times. Did a martini stop around the monorail loop in March. Had a blast.... I think... can't really remember. :confused:

mydisneygirls
08-18-2015, 11:21 AM
I have nothing against anyone having a good time. It seems more and more people want to drink, get drunk and walk around the parks, etc. To me, there is a time and place for everything and this being a place for families is not the place. I and my children don't care to encounter or listen to people who have "had a few." We have unfortunately been a witness to this in the past and I don't think people realize, or care for that matter, that it does bother others. A drink or two okay....crawling, no.

pox24
08-18-2015, 11:32 AM
My comments were 100% tongue in cheek. Surprised at the seriousness taken.

#1donaldfan
08-18-2015, 12:47 PM
My comments were 100% tongue in cheek. Surprised at the seriousness taken.

I have crawled out of many a park, late at night, tired and completely intoxicant free !! :cool: I think your idea sounds fun !!:mickey:

SBETigg
08-18-2015, 02:28 PM
I have nothing against anyone having a good time. It seems more and more people want to drink, get drunk and walk around the parks, etc. To me, there is a time and place for everything and this being a place for families is not the place. I and my children don't care to encounter or listen to people who have "had a few." We have unfortunately been a witness to this in the past and I don't think people realize, or care for that matter, that it does bother others. A drink or two okay....crawling, no.

A pub crawl is simply a term for visiting a few pubs in a row. Maybe they're alternating cocktails with soft drinks. Maybe they don't drink at all and they just go for the atmosphere. You don't know. Most adults can consume 2-3 alcoholic beverages over several hours without becoming intoxicated. And the OP did not mention heading back to the parks afterwards.

mydisneygirls
08-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Thank you for your definition, but I know what a pub crawl is. Having had to deal with an ex who liked to drink a lot and the wrath that went with it, unfortunately my children have memories of things in life which they would prefer to forget.

Whether others like it or not, I am entitled to my opinion of the issue posted without being put down for it. And I am sure there are others who feel the same way.

Thank you.

SBETigg
08-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Thank you for your definition, but I know what a pub crawl is. Having had to deal with an ex who liked to drink a lot and the wrath that went with it, unfortunately my children have memories of things in life which they would prefer to forget.

Whether others like it or not, I am entitled to my opinion of the issue posted without being put down for it. And I am sure there are others who feel the same way.

Thank you.

I'm sorry about your bad experience with your ex. How truly awful for you. I also have alcoholics in my family, and I think it's important to understand that there are people who can safely have a few drinks (not a lot of drinks) and not become belligerent or very affected, and then there are people who have a disease that makes it impossible for them to drink responsibly.

You are entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't make it fact for those who can and do imbibe conscientiously. Those people do not deserve to be judged or put down, either. In no way did my response offer an insult to you. We are all entitled to express an opinion, and to ask questions on a forum without being judged. You can never assume you know someone's habits or personal situation from a simple question, as I had no idea about your sensitive background. But it doesn't change the fact that lots of people go on "pub crawls" without actually becoming drunk.

mydisneygirls
08-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Conversation over!

SurferStitch
08-19-2015, 12:11 PM
I think it sounds like a lot of fun! DH and I have never tried a monorail crawl, but we do have time during our upcoming trip to try it.

The one night we have dinner at Narcoossee's, we could stop at the Outer Rim Lounge first for a cocktail, then head to dinner (where we usually have wine and champagne), then could stop at Trader Sam's for an after dinner nightcap!

Hammer
08-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Friendly moderator reminder that everyone is entitled to their opinions but we need to be respectful and understanding of everyone and their differing opinions...now back to your regularly scheduled thread :) .

My sister and I did a monorail bar crawl when we were there for an overnight trip in April. We started at Mizners, each enjoying a glass of wine and splitting the charcuterie plate. When the band finished at 10, we moved on to Top of the World lounge (we are DVC members) and just had a drink there as none of the food interested us, and sat outside enjoying the view. We then ended the night at Trader Sam's (we were staying in a Poly DVC studio), each having a mai tai as well as kahlua pork tacos and pan fried dumplings.

We will probably do this again on our next trip, but will substitute Territory Lounge for top of the World Lounge.

twinboyz
08-19-2015, 04:28 PM
We did this on our last visit. We started at the Wave Lounge and then had dinner at The Wave. Next stop was the Poly and Trader Sam's. Loved the Hippopottomaitai. Yummy!! Then went to Minzer's Lounge. Loved the music!

I've always wanted to do this and this past trip the opportunity arose. Loved every minute of it! Hope you have a great trip!

bunch
08-19-2015, 10:28 PM
If you can, include a drink at T-Rex inside bar, head outside to the Lava Lounge...then boat ride over to Port Orleans Riverside and enjoy a drink by the pool. Fun..fun..fun!

faline
08-20-2015, 07:43 AM
If you can, include a drink at T-Rex inside bar, head outside to the Lava Lounge...then boat ride over to Port Orleans Riverside and enjoy a drink by the pool. Fun..fun..fun!

Hmmm!! These stops wouldn't work well if you were using the monorail to get around! ;)