PDA

View Full Version : No More "Welcome Show" at MK...?

Main Street Jim
08-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Some Cast friends of mine are reporting that the MK morning "Welcome Show" is no more, becoming a very abbreviated "character greeting" and countdown...can anyone confirm...?

Mendelson
08-17-2015, 08:30 AM
Why oh why oh why on earth would they cut such a simple, pleasant, heart-warming start to the day at MK, if true.

Bay Lake
08-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Could it be because of railroad refurb?

RBrooksC
08-17-2015, 09:15 AM
I was wondering about the railroad refurb and the welcome show. This would seem to fit.

08-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Some Cast friends of mine are reporting that the MK morning "Welcome Show" is no more, becoming a very abbreviated "character greeting" and countdown...can anyone confirm...?

Just saw your post and while I won't be back at work for about 6 weeks (great being a CT - work 5 or 6 weeks and then a couple of months back home then do it again), I've sent a FaceBook message to one of our MSO trainers that is also trained on Main St. vehicles (she would be there in the mornings when she has a vehicle shift) to check on this and see if it might just be during RR refurb.. The description is somewhat representative of the show when steam train is down.

Full show was going on in the latter part of late July when I left.

I do know that they have had a LOT of track problems this summer (heat is causing some welded rail displacement in some of the older sections as I understand it) and has shut the RR down several times for a day or 2 when I was working in June / July.

Main Street Jim
08-17-2015, 05:39 PM
Just saw your post and while I won't be back at work for about 6 weeks (great being a CT - work 5 or 6 weeks and then a couple of months back home then do it again), I've sent a FaceBook message to one of our MSO trainers that is also trained on Main St. vehicles (she would be there in the mornings when she has a vehicle shift) to check on this and see if it might just be during RR refurb.. The description is somewhat representative of the show when steam train is down.

Full show was going on in the latter part of late July when I left.

I do know that they have had a LOT of track problems this summer (heat is causing some welded rail displacement in some of the older sections as I understand it) and has shut the RR down several times for a day or 2 when I was working in June / July.Thanks....*whew*.

This makes sense, then. The way that one of my steam train buddies was talking about it, he made it sound like it's *permanent*....:P

I've sent a FaceBook message to one of our MSO trainers that is also trained on Main St. vehicles (she would be there in the mornings when she has a vehicle shift)...That wouldn't be Barbara, would it...??

08-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Not Barbara. She's not a trainer and hasn't been driving, working Trolley Show, Move it, Shake it and day parade. She had been off on medical for awhile but I saw her last month. hasn't changed much in the 7 years I've known her and I'm sure the same when you were around her. Don't know if you remember Betty on Main Entrance but she finally retired late last year, after about 42 or 43 years.

Still waiting on a response and will post back when I hear. This lady has only been on MSO for about 3 1/2 years so you wouldn't know her. Last winter while sitting here in the cold Indiana whether dreaming about FL warmth, I started to try to count up the CM's that were still on MSO PAC when I started. Got up to 11 and could not come up with anymore. There are still some that started with me that opted for Main Entrance when we did the split 2 years ago and some went exclusively to Town Sq. Theater / Sorcerer Mickey when that came online in our department a couple of years ago. but I only counted the PAC cast as that is where I "primarily" work not. Still do some Theater and a little bit of Main Entrance but not much.