PDA

View Full Version : DHS Theories?

baldburke
08-16-2015, 12:34 PM
So with yesterday's D23 announcements of SW land and TS at the currently named DHS does anyone have any theories on how it will all come together?

There's still no word on what the park might be renamed as? There's still no word on timing of when the rework will be done?

A "park" would have to be at least three to four "lands?" SW and TS, but RRC and ToT get transformed into some sort of Hollywood land? Any ideas on other "lands" or just the three?

Is it safe to assume this would all be done by 2020? Either way, great news for DHS all around. Hopefully Epcot is next on the block for an update!

PopPhan
08-16-2015, 02:12 PM
They could always name the park DEA -- Disney Entertainment Adventure....but that might not fly with law enforcement. :) (I'm actually surprised they got away with DHS!!) I actually think something that has been brought up by others will be the actual answer -- Disney's Hollywood Adventure....This would fit with the DCA park in Anaheim for styling.

As far as "lands" go, DHS has never had a "traditional" Disney park layout, so "lands" really don't fit anyway. It would be very difficult to categorize the area of the park with ToT/RnRC/BatB/Fantasmic! ---Stage, Screen and Radio? The new(er) areas could certainly have their own "land" assignment - You already have Pixar Place, which would fit the Toy Story attractions. All the Star Wars attractions could fit into a Lucas(Film) Land and leave lots of room for other LucasFilm franchises - past, present, and future. Hollywood Land would be the Main Street equivalent as it currently exists. That still leaves you with the kids area - Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, etc.

DizneyFreak2002
08-16-2015, 06:56 PM
The rumor that won't go away, name to be Disney's Hollywood Adventure... and with the direction they are taking, the name fits... As for timing, the consensus is 2020/2021... Toy Story land more than likely will be done first... Star Wars will take a lot longer... Especially since their goal is to keep things secret because the land will feature places and characters from the next three movies... Which is why we didn't get a complete full in depth description of the land at D23...

PetefromRI
08-16-2015, 07:42 PM
My main question is why it takes Disney so long to make new attractions. It just seems to take too long to go from the drawing board to reality and by the time it's done a lot of the attractions are almost passe.I love Disney more than anything but I am starting to spend my vacation dollars elsewhere just because Disney has seemed to stay somewhat dormant.I think the general public has grown to expect more,quicker and for the constant price increases we are starting to want a better product for the money.

DizneyFreak2002
08-17-2015, 07:10 PM
My main question is why it takes Disney so long to make new attractions. It just seems to take too long to go from the drawing board to reality and by the time it's done a lot of the attractions are almost passe.I love Disney more than anything but I am starting to spend my vacation dollars elsewhere just because Disney has seemed to stay somewhat dormant.I think the general public has grown to expect more,quicker and for the constant price increases we are starting to want a better product for the money.
Money, plain and simple... They spread the cost over several different quarters which winds up leading to several years...

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
08-17-2015, 09:22 PM
Keep looking for indoor Cars ride.