PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen To Open in Late 2015

Figment!
08-15-2015, 01:22 AM
Although the project has been previously reported (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=208082), the Walt Disney World resort publicly announced a new restaurant for the Adventureland section of the Magic Kingdom at the 2015 D23 Expo.

Here is the official public announcement:

Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen To Open at Magic Kingdom Park

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager
The Official Disney Parks Blog
August 14th, 2015

The Jungle Cruise, one of Magic Kingdom Park’s most popular attractions, has delighted guests for years. And as it was just announced at the D23 Expo moments ago, Jungle Cruise fans will have even more to look forward to later this year when the brand-new Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen restaurant opens in Adventureland.

At the Jungle Skipper Canteen, guests will be able to experience “World Famous Jungle Cuisine” in one of several unique dining rooms – including a crew mess hall and a once-hidden secret meeting room of the famed Society of Explorers and Adventurers. The restaurant will also be staffed by Jungle Cruise Skippers.

The Jungle Skipper Canteen is currently under construction and will open its doors in late 2015

Construction is currently on-going to transform the two-decade dormant Adventureland Veranda restaurant into the new location.

PirateLover
08-15-2015, 10:02 AM
Whoo hoo!!!!!! So looking forward to this. Hope we can check it out in December!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-15-2015, 12:05 PM
Youpie! I'm so glad it sounds as cool as we'd all hoped.

magicofdisney
08-15-2015, 01:41 PM
We'll be there the week before Thanksgiving. I wonder if we have a shot at this? Looks interesting. :mickey:

Since it's a canteen, do you suppose this will be counter service?

RedSoxFan
08-15-2015, 04:27 PM
We will be there mid-December -- hope it's open then..........:mickey:

Stu29573
08-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Just talked with dining. They said it should be open in late December but there is no firm date and no ADRs being taken yet...

Goes4FastPass
08-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Maybe obvious to everyone else: Will this be Table service, counter service or ala Y&Y, both?

Stu29573
08-16-2015, 08:12 AM
The girl at dining that I spoke to at first thought it might be counter service, but as she did more digging through their info, she discovered that it would, in fact, be table service. They will serve lunch and dinner, btw...

Melanie
08-16-2015, 10:31 AM
The girl at dining that I spoke to at first thought it might be counter service, but as she did more digging through their info, she discovered that it would, in fact, be table service. They will serve lunch and dinner, btw...

I thought it was going to use the same concept as Be Our Guest.

John
08-16-2015, 12:08 PM
Good to see this actually announced.

baldburke
08-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Construction is currently on-going to transform the two-decade dormant Adventureland Veranda restaurant into the new location.

Why am I not remembering this? Where was the Adventureland Veranda in relation to the Jungle Cruise attraction?

Is the Canteen going to be adjacent to the Jungle Cruise? Will it overlook the attraction?

Stu29573
08-16-2015, 02:50 PM
I thought it was going to use the same concept as Be Our Guest.

I kind of thought that too, but she didn't mention it. Either way, you would need ADR's. Since we are going to be there 12/15 thru 12/22, I'm really hoping to score some!

Melanie
08-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Why am I not remembering this? Where was the Adventureland Veranda in relation to the Jungle Cruise attraction?

Is the Canteen going to be adjacent to the Jungle Cruise? Will it overlook the attraction?

It won't overlook the attraction. It's across the way, where Pixie Hollow has been for the last few years (beside Aloha Isle.)

Goes4FastPass
08-16-2015, 05:46 PM
I gotta say I'm glad to believe, 17 seconds after this dining location starts taking ADRS, Magical Journeys WDW guests will start getting emails advising them grab a reservation.

Stu29573
08-16-2015, 06:53 PM
I gotta say I'm glad to believe, 17 seconds after this dining location starts taking ADRS, Magical Journeys WDW guests will start getting emails advising them grab a reservation.

I hope so! Karen's got to get me the info quick! lol

merciantinkerbell
08-19-2015, 07:06 AM
But will everything taste like chicken or be "chicken-esque"??????

Stu29573
08-19-2015, 09:33 AM
But will everything taste like chicken or be "chicken-esque"??????

I will admit, the first thing that cane to mind was the menue on the chalkboard...lol!

#1donaldfan
08-19-2015, 01:23 PM
I cannot wait to see it and eat there !! The Jungle Cruise is by far my number one favorite ride, after dark of course. :mickey:

Mickeydream
08-23-2015, 06:31 PM
We are not going until next year, but that now gives us another option! Sounds like fun. :mickey: