PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Dinner

merryc17
08-14-2015, 04:51 PM
My husband's birthday falls during our trip and my parent's (who are also traveling with us) have kindly offered to watch our son so we can enjoy a "mom and dad only" dinner. The idea has me baffled! Where would you recommend? We are not super fancy or "romantic" people and we would it rather not be in the parks (but willing to break that rule for the right place). We already have reservations at O'Hana, Liberty Tree and Chef Mickey- so those are out. I'd love to hear some of your favorite places to go without your kiddos! Thanks!

mydisneygirls
08-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Grand Floridian Café - Non-signature
Narcoossee's - signature

Fangorn
08-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Try the Boathouse in DTD. Excellent food, drink and atmosphere.

Steve

Disney4us2
08-14-2015, 05:22 PM
Boma at AKL.

GoBlueLacheta
08-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Jiko is different and fairly quiet even though you're not on the romantic kick when you're in the bustling windstorm of chaos that is Disney some quiet may be enjoyable and it has different offerings.

faline
08-14-2015, 07:08 PM
There are many options outside the parks that offr great food and nice atmospheres. What sort of food do you like? That might help narrow down the choices.

If you want basic food and aren't looking for a romantic evening, what out something like the ESPN Club at Boardwalk? Might be a nice choice if you're sports fans. Beer fans? There's the Big River Grille Brewing Company - also at Boardwalk. Want entertainment? You might try Ragland Road in Dowtown Disney. Views? You might try Californai Grill. Want to spend some time viewing the animals? You could try Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Villane where some of the tables have views of the animals or Jiko also at Animal Kingdom Lodge but at Jambo House where you could wander around and view the animals before or after dinner. Character interaction? There are a number of resort dining options that offer the opportunity for interaction with various Disney characters.

Pirate Granny
08-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Artist point at WL, quiet, tasty food, and I love taking the bus to MK and then the boat over to WL...a great evening

Kairi_7378
08-15-2015, 07:29 PM
CA Grill, Jiko, Artist's Point, Narcoose's.

nat
04-03-2016, 04:17 PM
It will be 33 years for hubby and I! First time we are going to WDW without the kids :(
What restaurant is romantic and has great food? Thanks!

LandFan
04-04-2016, 10:55 AM
We LOVE Flying Fish on the boardwalk (signature) although it is down for refurbishment at the moment. I think it is due to open at the end of September... We also like JIKO at Animal Kingdom Lodge (signature) and Sanaa at Kidani Village.

DebK
04-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Another vote for Narcoossee's!

Arielfan98
04-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Turf Club Bar and Grill at Saratoga Springs Resort....best steaks on Disney property in my opinion and it won't break the bank. They also serve good lamb and pasta. It's only a boat ride away for some Disney Springs entertainment.

deedee73
04-05-2016, 02:06 PM
I would do Narcoossee's or 'Ohana.

nat
04-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Thanks so much! I am leaning toward Narcoossee's! I like the Calif Grill ambiance lol but the menu seems very limited!!! Flying Fish is also one of my favorites, does anyone know the date in September that they are scheduled to open?

deedee73
04-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Thanks so much! I am leaning toward Narcoossee's! I like the Calif Grill ambiance lol but the menu seems very limited!!! Flying Fish is also one of my favorites, does anyone know the date in September that they are scheduled to open?
The view from Cali Grill is awesome but I agree with you the menu is a lot of interesting but similar foods. A very diverse menu with something to please everyone is one of the great things about Narcoossee's. I also love that some people make it a dressy occasion while others keep bit casual so it is appropriate for everyone.

LandFan
04-06-2016, 11:13 AM
Flying Fish is also one of my favorites, does anyone know the date in September that they are scheduled to open?
I think I heard September 30th somewhere...