PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean

Tinker1111
08-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Can someone tell me when the Pirates of the Caribbean will be open again? Going in September and really wanted to ride this one.:confused:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Last I've heard it will re-open September 26th.

mydisneygirls
08-13-2015, 12:39 PM
I hope it's not true what I've heard....that one of the things that will be changing is the scene where the women are "for sale." My daughter was telling me she read or heard somewhere that some people were "offended" by this and that they would be changing it. If it's true, then people NEED TO GET OVER IT. Enough is enough.

Has anyone else heard this?

Speedy1998
08-13-2015, 12:43 PM
I hope it's not true what I've heard....that one of the things that will be changing is the scene where the women are "for sale." My daughter was telling me she read or heard somewhere that some people were "offended" by this and that they would be changing it. If it's true, then people NEED TO GET OVER IT. Enough is enough.

We wants he redhead!!

Surely this can not be true, it is one of the most iconic scenes in the attraction.

Ms. Mode
08-13-2015, 12:52 PM
During our March trip they were having huge problems with the ride operating; we got stuck several times and thought we would have to walk out, luckily they got the boats going after several minutes. We kept hearing of breakdowns and shutdowns of the ride the rest of the trip. Much better to have an extended refurbishment of the ride.

baldburke
08-13-2015, 12:53 PM

Maybe Donald Trump should weigh in on it?

Speedy1998
08-13-2015, 12:59 PM

Good new, I can't find anything about them changing this anywhere else. I would think if they were changing it, it would be all over the internet.

DizneyFreak2002
08-13-2015, 01:08 PM

No haven't heard this at all...

mydisneygirls
08-13-2015, 01:21 PM

This made me laugh!!!! That's for making my day!

Goofy4TheWorld
08-13-2015, 02:05 PM

I just had a vision of a press conference where Donald Trump and Donald Duck are commenting about this "change" to POTC...:D

Williams5
08-13-2015, 02:33 PM
Last I've heard it will re-open September 26th.

I heard the same.

I was able to fast pass+ it for October 14th.

WDW&MK
08-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Last year our boat was scraping the bottom because they were loading them so full. I was kind of afraid we'd get stuck too. I sure hope they get this fixed. Honestly I don't think when the parks are fairly empty they should be loading 4 adults (not in the same party) into one row. 3 maybe, but 4 gets a little chummy with people I have never met before.....

GoBlueLacheta
08-15-2015, 04:11 PM
The change from the pirates chasing the women with swords to the women chasing the pirates with brooms was already silly enough…I heard they are replacing all the pirates with Olaf..

EeyoresBestFriend
08-15-2015, 09:39 PM
The change from the pirates chasing the women with swords to the women chasing the pirates with brooms was already silly enough…I heard they are replacing all the pirates with Olaf..

There would be a huge outcry if Olaf joined the crew - he'd melt in the burning town scene - and then where would we be?!?!?!? :D

All those traumatized kiddies . . .