PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania - Post 10/15/15

Williams5
08-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Does anyone know any details concerning why you can't book fast passes for Toy Story Mania after the 15th of October?

I know I read they are adding another track at some point.

My guesses are:

1. It's going down for maintenance and it isn't announced yet.
2. They are suspending fast passes for the ride for some reason (maybe needing to rework the line locations, etc.) and the ride will actually still be open.

I'm trying to determine if I need to rework my plan, or just roll with it. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

DizneyFreak2002
08-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Nope, can't find a reason for this at all... No one is talking... Rumor has it the ride will be going down for some maintenance while the third track is installed, but no one seems willing to go on record to state if this is indeed the case...

Williams5
08-13-2015, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I reworked my week to get fast passes on another day - seemed a safer bet. I ended up with Magic Kingdom and Epcot on some predicted crowded days - but with the fast passes and reservations in place that hardly matters.

Thanks for the reply.

joonyer
08-13-2015, 04:53 PM
I though you couldn't make FP ressies beyond 60 days out. Has this been changed?
Are you able to make FPs for other attractions after Oct. 15?
Curious. :confused:

DizneyFreak2002
08-13-2015, 07:24 PM
I though you couldn't make FP ressies beyond 60 days out. Has this been changed?
Are you able to make FPs for other attractions after Oct. 15?
Curious. :confused:
It's 60 days out from your day of check in plus 10 days into your length of stay... So anyone checking in before October 15 can select their FP's including for October 15th as long as Oct 15 falls into their length of stay, plus 10 days...

Could very well only be a glitch in the system, but other attractions are available for DHS for October 15th... Which makes it weird TSMM isn't...

pego79
08-13-2015, 08:01 PM
On another site I visit frequently, there is speculation it is going down for refurb Oct 15-27th since Fastpass+ are not available for that entire time frame. Maybe something to do with the expansion of the ride that was previously announced??

joonyer
08-13-2015, 09:21 PM
It's 60 days out from your day of check in plus 10 days into your length of stay... So anyone checking in before October 15 can select their FP's including for October 15th as long as Oct 15 falls into their length of stay, plus 10 days...

Could very well only be a glitch in the system, but other attractions are available for DHS for October 15th... Which makes it weird TSMM isn't...

Ah . . . That makes sense. I guess I had forgotten about the 10 days extra. Maybe there is some kind of refurb coming up.

JanetMegan
08-14-2015, 08:29 AM
I'm headed down that week, right now I have that park as a visit early in the week but I can see I might need to adjust. Then again maybe if it is closed it will keep the crowds down for ToT and RnRC.

Speedy1998
08-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Maybe something to do with the expansion of the ride that was previously announced??

Could be. I heard a rumor that the expansion track was going to be FP+ only. That would certainly require that the Queue be redesigned. Even if that rumor was false I would think that the queue needs to be redone so that guest can be sent to both the new and old tracks.

allgiggles
08-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Looks like people are able to make FP reservations from 10/16 on now. Must have been a glitch.