PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain

mydisneygirls
08-12-2015, 11:49 AM
With our upcoming trip approaching, we check the wait times for rides every other day or so. Not that it has any effect on the days we will be there, but it's just something we do and builds excitement.

I've noticed the wait times for the most part haven't been as bad as I thought they would be for it being summer, but Space Mountain has had the longest wait times that I've ever seen, even longer than SDMT. Just now when I looked, it was SM was 125 minutes and SDMT was only 60. I wonder if the app on my phone is working correctly!!! Maybe it's due to the heat?

disneymom15
08-12-2015, 12:06 PM
It's 11:00am central time here
SDMT is currently 90
Space mnt is currently 90
got theses times off my MDE app

According to my Disney World Wait times app
SDMT is 75
Space mnt is 110

mydisneygirls
08-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Thank Jodie. Yes, that's what I have. 110 for SM!

Speedy1998
08-12-2015, 01:02 PM
I've noticed the wait times for the most part haven't been as bad as I thought they would be for it being summer,

The crowds tends to drop off the later you get in August. In most of the southern states football, band, drill team, and cheerleader camps all start. Which means many families with high school age kids have to finish their vacations before August.

CleveSJM
08-12-2015, 02:01 PM
I would go with the MDE app times. Those should be right off of Disney systems. The others are probably user reported or estimated.

Main Street Jim
08-12-2015, 07:51 PM
I've noticed the wait times for the most part haven't been as bad as I thought they would be for it being summer, but Space Mountain has had the longest wait times that I've ever seen, even longer than SDMT. Just now when I looked, it was SM was 125 minutes and SDMT was only 60. I wonder if the app on my phone is working correctly!!! Maybe it's due to the heat?Don't go during a holiday week, then - just about *any* holiday.

Christmas/New Year's/Fourth of July...working at the attraction, we regularly had wait times of 200 minutes or more...

#1donaldfan
08-13-2015, 11:33 AM
Don't go during a holiday week, then - just about *any* holiday.

Christmas/New Year's/Fourth of July...working at the attraction, we regularly had wait times of 200 minutes or more...

We did NYE one year and although we had a great time, the wait times were insane !!! Of course, waiting for the fireworks at midnight, it mattered little if we waited in a line for a ride or waited along Main Street, we were simply just waiting ... and waiting ... and more waiting ....:thumbsup: