PDA

View Full Version : Our Ultimate Disney Challenge

TinkInTraining
08-12-2015, 09:45 AM
So, I'm heading back to the Kingdom with my 3DD (21, 18, 16) for my middle daughters graduation gift. We've been countless times. This time we're trying to mix it up :)

We've decided to do an Ultimate Disney Challenge.

There are four of us. Our scheduled day for this event is our DHS day. We already have our FP+ for the morning for DHS and planned to be back to watch Fantasmic.

So, we decided to do all four parks in one day. Start out at DHS then we're going to pick from a hat for the next park. At each park there will be four rides (each of us pick one) we are divided into random groups for each park, never the same partner twice. In each park we have to pull a ride and a food. The team has to complete the two rides and eat the two foods in each park. The stated time is two hours. The first to finish get's GROUP points for finishing and points for each ride or food they complete. Then we go onto the next park, switch partners and do it all again.

I'm looking for ideas on odd foods from each park, something not to common and ideas for extra credit points... like...

Getting a cast member to sing a Disney theme song. Getting a picture with a character. Find a new hidden Mickey. Etc...

Got any ideas for us?

disneymom15
08-12-2015, 11:49 AM
What a fun idea, have fun!!

CleveSJM
08-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Awesome idea! Sounds like fun.

Only idea I have to add is maybe "recreating an old picture." If you can find maybe a group picture and an "each team" picture from each park. Or maybe just a location picture and the partners have to "selfie" in front of it...

The TinkInTraining UDC! :mickey::thumbsup:

cer
08-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Food Hunt Ideas:

jalapeno cream cheese pretzel in Animal Kingdom
Any animal themed cupcake - AK

Funnel Cake at American Adventure in Epcot
Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion - Epcot
Caramel Corn in Germany - Epcot
Tiramisu - Italy - Epcot
Kaki Gori in Japan - Epcot
School Bread or a Sweet Pretzel in Norway - Epcot
Any snack/treat from the Bakery or Gelato place in France - Epcot
Churros - Mexico - Epcot

Carrot Cake Cookie - I think this is in The Writer's Workshop - DHS
Grapefruit Cake - it is a dessert from Brown Derby, but I think it is available at Starring Rolls - DHS

Eggrolls from Adventureland - Magic Kingdom
Layered Cupcake from that Cheshire Cat place in Magic Kingdom
Le Frou's Brew from the Gaston's Tavern in Magic Kingdom
Corn Dog Bites or Hot Dog from Casey's - MK
Any Mickey Mouse Shaped Treat (any park, really)
Caramel Apple from Big Top Souvenirs - MK
Waffle or hand dipped ice cream cookie sandwich from Sleepy Hollow - MK
Popcorn from Main Street - MK
Dole whip or that frozen orange treat (can't remember the name) - MK
Cotton Candy from the Confectionery - MK
Churros - MK

Just a few ideas.... :blush:

TinkInTraining
08-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Awesome ideas from all! Thank you for contributing!!

Anyone else have any suggestions I'm all ears :mickey:

deedee73
08-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Dole whip
Specific spot on Tom Sawyer Island like the barrel bridge, specific pic of castle (ie - side view from bridge near Christmas shoppe. This could be done with any park - pic with monorail in background.

Love this challenge - can't wait to see how it turns out.

WDW&MK
08-13-2015, 08:49 PM
listening to the party line on the phone in the shop on main st at MK. Picture required :-)
Finding specific characters in the squished penny machines.
For a snack eating a big pickle at MK or DHS (probably have that at other parks too).
warm cinnamon roasted almonds which I am always trying to find and can't when I am hungry for them!
Drinking that yucky drink at the coca cola coolspot at Epcot - forget what it's called.
Have fun!! Sounds like a blast!!

Wall-e
08-14-2015, 04:30 PM
What a fun idea! Sounds like you will have a great time and create some awesome memories!

GoBlueLacheta
08-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Not at Disney but for team building with my high school athletes I've done picture scavenger hunts and incorporated riddles, anagrams, etc.

Bonus points for pictures with individuals with obscure character shirts and so forth. Countless ways you can go with that.

TinkInTraining
09-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Okay, trip is getting closer and we're trying to lock down the challenge... We've decided on Epcot for our first park because they have early open hours that day and I really think we're going to need the extra hour in order to complete all the parks and get to our Fantasmic Dinner reservation (way to early in my opinion of 4pm)...

So... that being said:

Epcot 8-10 am... this limits what we can do for food items since world showcase won't be open as of yet.... :( Food suggestions for Epcot proper from 8-10am?

I'm planning an hour between parks for travel and such but am secretly hoping to pick up time between each park to get us to our reservations.

So... would it be quicker to travel to Magic Kingdom, our next park, via monorail or bus? Which would be the fastest route?

Magic Kingdom - 11-1pm

AK - 2-4pm

DHS 4:30 ( our dinner reservations are 4pm so I'm hoping to pick up at least a 1/2 hour through out the day in wise travel decisions)

Thoughts? Ideas?

cer
09-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Food options for early in Epcot....

Sunshine Seasons in the Land I believe serves a breakfast...
France Bakery is also open early (9 am I think) but no other Pavilions in World Showcase will be open - you'll be limited to activities/attractions in Future World.

Definitely take the Monorail to MK.

Disney_pups2
09-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Great idea. We just got back and my sister did a desert and or drink from each country in Epcot....
China, bubble tea
Norway, The Viking shot..lol... or school bread
Germany, Hippo cookies (in a shop)
France, escargot
UK, Tea cakes (in a shop)