PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Fastpass when you are parkhopping.......

bunch
08-11-2015, 06:55 AM
Hello, we are park hopping during our upcoming visit to Disney and I was in the process of selecting fastpasses for our first day. Is it not possible to choose only one fastpass at one park and select the other 2 at another park? Thanks in advance for your replies.

PopPhan
08-11-2015, 07:33 AM
No, all 3 FP+ options must be selected from the same park. If you select early times for your FP+ options, you COULD get additional FP+ options at your second park IF they are available for the attraction you want. These additional FP+ options must be selected at a kiosk within the second park. They cannot be selected through the MDE app.

CleveSJM
08-11-2015, 07:53 AM
Confirming what PopPhan said. Exactly right.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Because you have to book all of your FP+ at one park, many people who are park-hopping book at the second park, so you know you have attractions waiting for you when you get there later in the day.

It is a bit of a pain, especially since you have to physically be in the 2nd park before you can select FP+ for that park.

TinkerbellT421
08-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Because you have to book all of your FP+ at one park, many people who are park-hopping book at the second park, so you know you have attractions waiting for you when you get there later in the day.

It is a bit of a pain, especially since you have to physically be in the 2nd park before you can select FP+ for that park.

Keep in my mind if you choose this option as ibelieveindisneymagic mentioned; this would mean you cannot book any fastpasses in your first park as like PopPhan mentioned, you have to use all of your fastpass passes before you can book additional fastpasses.

Speedy1998
08-11-2015, 12:51 PM
Keep in my mind if you choose this option as ibelieveindisneymagic mentioned; this would mean you cannot book any fastpasses in your first park as like PopPhan mentioned, you have to use all of your fastpass passes before you can book additional fastpasses.

Are you finding that you are able to get a decent 4th FP? From my experience there has not been much left when I go to the Kiosk to get the 4th FP.

TinkerbellT421
08-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Are you finding that you are able to get a decent 4th FP? From my experience there has not been much left when I go to the Kiosk to get the 4th FP.

I suppose it depends on what you consider decent. If you are looking to get Mine Train, Soarin', Test Track, Toy Story Mania, etc., then no if you are lookiing to get them later in the day, chances are those will not be available unless reserved early through your at home reservations or they very morning of. But, one day in Magic Kingdom we were able to test it out and we were able to literally get off rides, go to the nearest kiosk, select a fastpass for the next ride and literally go right on. We did that for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, etc. and rode about 8 rides all while using instant fastpasses and waiting about 2 minutes each ride.

joonyer
08-11-2015, 02:31 PM

I suppose it depends on what you consider decent. If you are looking to get Mine Train, Soarin', Test Track, Toy Story Mania, etc., then no if you are lookiing to get them later in the day, chances are those will not be available unless reserved early through your at home reservations or they very morning of. But, one day in Magic Kingdom we were able to test it out and we were able to literally get off rides, go to the nearest kiosk, select a fastpass for the next ride and literally go right on. We did that for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, etc. and rode about 8 rides all while using instant fastpasses and waiting about 2 minutes each ride.

It also depends on crowd levels. In peak seasons with larger crowds, a 4th FP for anything mildly popular will be harder to come by later in the day. On less crowded days, you probably have a pretty good chance at getting a 4th or subsequent FP for a "decent" attraction.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2015, 08:29 PM
It also depends on crowd levels. In peak seasons with larger crowds, a 4th FP for anything mildly popular will be harder to come by later in the day. On less crowded days, you probably have a pretty good chance at getting a 4th or subsequent FP for a "decent" attraction.

The irony is that on less crowded days you are less likely to need the 4th (and more) FP. I remember trying it at DHS last August and the only things we could get a FP for were the things that already had fairly short waits.

There really isn't a perfect plan, especially when park-hopping. It would be awesome if you could book in different parks, but Disney doesn't want you hopping to the headliners, they want to spread out the crowds, and this forces you to do that, at least a bit.