PDA

View Full Version : F & W, Expanding to FW?

SBETigg
08-07-2015, 12:08 PM
I saw something on Facebook today regarding changes coming to Epcot. Not sure if it was mere speculation or confirmed (article said confirmed), but one of the changes was that the F & W Fest is expanding into Future World in 2015. Wondering how people feel about that (sorry if it has been discussed, I couldn't find a thread on the topic).

Will it ease congestion in World Showcase by spreading out a bit, or make more problems in all of Epcot? What about families with children who prefer to avoid the F & W? Are you happy to consider an Epcot-wide Food & Wine Fest or prefer it to stick to World Showcase?

The other changes discussed involved a new exhibit in Innoventions sponsored by Glidden Paint, Spaceship Earth opening 15 minutes earlier than the other park attractions, and the Duffy Meet and Greets ending October 3 due to lack of popularity.

dnickels
08-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Yeah they confirmed it on the Disney Parks Blog about a month ago
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/07/20th-epcot-international-food-wine-festival-expands-for-first-time-into-future-world/
and discussed, http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=209871

I doubt it'll make a noticeable impact, the bulk of the booths are still around world showcase but it doesn't bother me to see some booths popping up in other areas of Epcot.

VWL Mom
08-07-2015, 12:38 PM
The booths they're adding to FW are more upscale, I don't think they should pose a problem. I think they're doing it as a draw to get more people into the Festival Center to make purchases.

PopPhan
08-07-2015, 01:35 PM
The booths they're adding to FW are more upscale, I don't think they should pose a problem. I think they're doing it as a draw to get more people into the Festival Center to make purchases.

If they want to get people into the Festival Center, they need to have it open every day and full park hours, not certain days with limited hours like they do for Flower and Garden.

John
08-07-2015, 04:44 PM
I cringe when they say festival center as opposed to the attraction formerly known as Wonders of Life.

What a waste....

TheVBs
08-09-2015, 05:31 PM
I think more food booths are great! More to choose from, spread the crowds out a little. The only downside is I never have enough room to try everything I'd like to. I always get full more quickly than I think I will. I guess I'll either have to be more picky next time, or see if we can all agree on one dish from each place that we can each take a bite of.

big blue and hairy
08-11-2015, 12:22 PM
HA! When I read the title with abbreviation, it read to me as Food and Wine expands to Fort Wilderness! Got MY attention....

:D

:sulley:

SBETigg
08-11-2015, 08:39 PM
HA! When I read the title with abbreviation, it read to me as Food and Wine expands to Fort Wilderness! Got MY attention....

:D

:sulley:

Oh, ha! Yeah, I can see that interpretation. Sorry to mislead. ;)