PDA

View Full Version : WDW Parking

Bubsy
08-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Dear All,

I am "hopping" three parks in one day, beginning with EP then AK and ending up at DHS for the 10:35 Fantasmic! show.

I am staying off property and plan to park my car at EP.

Is this my best option?

If I decided to get private transportation, (ie. car service, uber or taxi?), where would they drop me off, so I can get to EP and they can avoid paying for parking?

Also, where would I get picked up after DHS closes?

Can private transportation pick me up at DHS after it closes, if so, where?

Thanks for your assistance and have a magical day!!

B

Pirate Granny
08-04-2015, 11:15 PM
I would park my car at the studios, pay for parking cause you have no other choice, except cab, which would probably be more than parking anyway....and take the boat from the studios to the international gateway at EPCOT, then you can take the bus from EPCOT to AK and then from AK to the studios...remember that AK will close a lot earlier than the studios.

CleveSJM
08-05-2015, 08:45 AM
I would plan on breakfast at BoardWalk Bakery and park at the free parking for the Boardwalk across from the BoardWalk Inn. Save $ on parking and get breakfast! Then walk into Epcot from the International Gateway. Bus to AK, bus to HS. Then walk or boat back to the BoardWalk from HS.

Or do this with a taxi to and from the BoardWalk Inn.

Bubsy
08-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Dear All,

Thanks very much for the kind advice.

I am going to be at EP approximately an hour before the park opens for rope drop.

If I were to get a cab/shuttle, where would they drop me off, to avoid paying for parking at EP and where would I get picked up at DHS after the park closes, to avoid having the parking fee.

Thanks and have a magical day!

B

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-05-2015, 10:00 AM
There are drop-off locations at each park (MK drop-off is at the TTC, but that doesn't impact you). The cab will know the details, and in each case can drop you off/pick you up near the entrance to the park.

In fact, I often see taxis waiting at the exit at the end of the night, so you should have no issues getting back to your hotel.

If you do decide to drive, I'm a fan of parking where you will end your night, so your car is there and waiting for you when you're tired from the day of enjoying the park. Only you can decide if the cost of a taxi vs. the cost of parking is worth it, or which one makes sense for you.

Bubsy
08-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Dear All,

Thanks again for your kind advice.

At EP, where is the International Gateway located in relation to Future World, specifically, Soarin?

From DHS, would it be faster to take the WDW bus to EP or take the boat?

(I heard that it takes approximately an hour to go from park to park via WDW bus).

If this the case, what time do the WDW busses start running and what time can I access the parking lot, including TTC?

My ultimate goal is to be at the main entrance of EP well in advance of rope-drop, with the least stress.

In addition, which department at WDW would be the best resource in providing the location of the pick-up/drop-off point for DHS?

Lastly, I am staying for the 10:35pm Fantasmic! show. At what time do the WDW busses stop running in order for me to get back to the EP parking lot?

I apologize for all of these scenarios, I just want to have a plan in place after a long day at 3 parks.

At worst casse, I will be sleeping under the stars at Hollywood and Vine or at Spaceship Earth. Either one is just fine with me, as long as it's in Disney World.

Thanks,

B

PopPhan
08-05-2015, 11:03 AM
I would plan on breakfast at BoardWalk Bakery and park at the free parking for the Boardwalk across from the BoardWalk Inn. Save $ on parking and get breakfast! Then walk into Epcot from the International Gateway. Bus to AK, bus to HS. Then walk or boat back to the BoardWalk from HS.

Or do this with a taxi to and from the BoardWalk Inn.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! Parking at the Boardwalk is for patrons of the boardwalk ONLY! NOT for parking to go to the parks, unless you are staying AT the Boardwalk Inn or Boardwalk Villas. Even if you had breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery, you have a limited time to park (I think 3 hours, but do not quote me on that), then you need to move your vehicle anyway.

For the OP....I think Pirate Granny had the best solution to your quandry. Park at DHS, boat to EPCOT (International Gateway entry comes in between France and UK pavilions), then bus to AK and return by bus to DHS at AK park close. That would still give you plenty of time to make Illuminations or Fantasmic! if you so desired.

EDIT: I missed your last message....If you are going to be at EPCOT prior to rope drop, the reverse of the DHS - EPCOT situation would apply. Park at EPCOT, leave through the International Gateway to boat to DHS OR bus to AK. In either situation, AK closes early, so you can return to EPCOT (or DHS) by bus and still catch the evening 'spectacular'.

To get to Soarin' from the International Gateway, bear left as you cross the bridge into World Showcase, and proceed past the UK pavilion and Canada pavilion and take the first path to the left. This will take you toward the Imagination Pavilion. Continue on to the Land Pavilion for Soarin'. (This beats some of the crowds on the main paths.)

sassafras
08-05-2015, 11:19 AM
If you boat to Epcot, you could get off and catch the AK bus at the Boardwalk or The Beach Club. Saves you a lot of walking to the front of Epcot.

Main Street Jim
08-05-2015, 06:42 PM
I am "hopping" three parks in one day, beginning with EP then AK and ending up at DHS for the 10:35 Fantasmic! show.

I am staying off property and plan to park my car at EP.

Is this my best option?

If I decided to get private transportation, (ie. car service, uber or taxi?), where would they drop me off, so I can get to EP and they can avoid paying for parking?

If I were to get a cab/shuttle, where would they drop me off, to avoid paying for parking at EP and where would I get picked up at DHS after the park closes, to avoid having the parking fee.

Also, where would I get picked up after DHS closes?

Can private transportation pick me up at DHS after it closes, if so, where?

Thanks for your assistance and have a magical day!!

BIt's a LOT easier driving your own vehicle around, rather than waiting on Disney transportation. :P Your parking pass is good *all day* at any of the theme park parking lots, no matter how many parks you visit (you only pay once a day for parking).

My opinion:
Drive to EPCOT early, so you can go in through the front of the park, instead of having to go in through the Gateway and *then* all the way to the front of the park. When you're done at Epcot, to get to Animal Kingdom, you just exit the park, and, if you arrived early enough, your vehicle *should* be parked in one of the first few rows. Animal Kingdom (using your own transportation) isn't more than about 20 minutes from exiting EPCOT to pulling through the toll plaza, by the time you've actually exited the park and walked to your vehicle.

If you boat to Epcot, you could get off and catch the AK bus at the Boardwalk or The Beach Club. Saves you a lot of walking to the front of Epcot.But the OP wants to go to EPCOT first; why would they "get off and catch the AK bus" at Boardwalk?
----------------------------------------------------

(I heard that it takes approximately an hour to go from park to park via WDW bus).

If this the case, what time do the WDW buses start running and what time can I access the parking lot, including TTC?You have no need to go to the Transportation and Ticket Center in this scenario :) But, to answer your question, I believe that buses start running at approximately 7:00am - some dining locations in the parks and resorts have ADR's as early as 7:15am. And you have heard correctly - the *recommended* travel time from departure point to destination is approximately one hour. However, in some cases, it may be a lot less, depending on if you have to wait on your "mode of transportation" to arrive (for example, most Disney buses run approximately every twenty minutes, so, if you arrive at a bus stop and the bus is just pulling away, you may be waiting for up to twenty minutes). And, that "one hour" travel time also includes walking out of/exiting a park, possibly catching a monorail or ferry boat (if you're at Magic Kingdom or EPCOT), waiting on said transportation, actual travel time on the road, arrival/entrance in to (possibly) a park, and walking to your destination.

If you must use "private transportation" (cab, etc.) to get around, each park has specific pick-up/drop-off locations. MK's pick-up and drop-off is at TTC, so you still have to catch a monorail or ferry boat across Seven Seas Lagoon; EPCOT's is just outside of the Monorail station/park entrance; Studios is just outside of the bus stops in front of the park; and AK's is in the main parking lot, to the right of the main entrance before the tram drop-offs (at least this was the case last I knew).

CleveSJM
08-05-2015, 09:35 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! Parking at the Boardwalk is for patrons of the boardwalk ONLY! NOT for parking to go to the parks, unless you are staying AT the Boardwalk Inn or Boardwalk Villas. Even if you had breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery, you have a limited time to park (I think 3 hours, but do not quote me on that), then you need to move your vehicle anyway.

I'm not saying park at lot for the people staying at the Inn or Villas. They won't even let you in there unless you are staying there. I'm saying the lot behind the gas station and only if you are going to do breakfast on the Boardwalk first. I've asked several cast members about this and they told me it was fine. Maybe they changed their rules and that lot is limited time. They never told me that.

If a taxi is part of the equation, then just take the taxi to and from BoardWalk.

tjstrike
08-06-2015, 02:29 PM
If you boat to Epcot, you could get off and catch the AK bus at the Boardwalk or The Beach Club. Saves you a lot of walking to the front of Epcot.

As was stated earlier about the parking lot, same thing applies here, the buses from Boardwalk and Beach club are for the patrons of these 2 facilities.

BrerGnat
08-06-2015, 03:53 PM
As was stated earlier about the parking lot, same thing applies here, the buses from Boardwalk and Beach club are for the patrons of these 2 facilities.

That is incorrect. The WDW buses are available to ALL guests on property, whether they are resort guests or not.

BrerGnat
08-06-2015, 03:56 PM
OP, you have a car. Just use it to drive from park to park. It will be the fastest AND cheapest option. Unless you plan to be drunk all day...

tjstrike
08-06-2015, 04:00 PM
That is incorrect. The WDW buses are available to ALL guests on property, whether they are resort guests or not.

I disagree.

BrerGnat
08-06-2015, 04:06 PM
I disagree.

Disagree all you want. Disney's official policy on the issue is that the buses are for use by ANYONE who needs to get around the property.

AgentC
08-06-2015, 04:28 PM
With a car and the three parks you are visiting (EPCOT, AK, DHS), I also recommend driving yourself. I fins it is much easier to drive and park at all the parks except for Magic Kingdom than to take Disney transportation.

If you don't want to drive, I also agree with Pirate Granny's advice to park at DHS. The last thing you are going to want to do late at night is bus to another park to get to your car.

Speedy1998
08-07-2015, 01:08 PM
As other posters have said, drive your own car.

It can be an amazingly long wait for a bus in between parks. With the exception of the Magic Kingdom (which the OP is not going to), you can almost always beat the buses if you drive yourself.

PopPhan
08-07-2015, 01:44 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, but all Disney Transportation - bus, boat or monorail - is available for use by any guest at Walt Disney World.

The only constraints are that you cannot take a bus from a park to Downtown Disney or from Downtown Disney to a park. Transportation to/from Downtown Disney is only from/to a Disney Resort hotel

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/

tjstrike
08-07-2015, 02:21 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but all Disney Transportation - bus, boat or monorail - is available for use by any guest at Walt Disney World.

The only constraints are that you cannot take a bus from a park to Downtown Disney or from Downtown Disney to a park. Transportation to/from Downtown Disney is only from/to a Disney Resort hotel

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/

What disappoints me is when I can't fit on a bus because it's filled with people not staying at my resort. Say what you will, there's all kinds of ways to cheat the system, just most can't figure them out.

BrerGnat
08-07-2015, 02:55 PM
What disappoints me is when I can't fit on a bus because it's filled with people not staying at my resort. Say what you will, there's all kinds of ways to cheat the system, just most can't figure them out.

How on earth do you know where people are staying? And you have never taken a bus to a resort you aren't staying at to have a meal there?

DonaldDuck1117
08-07-2015, 02:57 PM
It isnt cheating the system! Heck, you can use Disney Transport even if you aren't staying on Disney Property AND aren't going to the parks. If someone wanted to go visit a resort then hop on a bus to MK just to ride the monorail loop and back again, then head home, they are welcome too.

MNDisney Dad
09-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Agreed. Disney transportation is for all guests, not just resort guests. Has anyone ever asked for confirmation you are a resort guest as you enter any transportation?

Main Street Jim
09-07-2015, 09:01 AM
Agreed. Disney transportation is for all guests, not just resort guests. Has anyone ever asked for confirmation you are a resort guest as you enter any transportation?Believe it or not, they used to...

AllyMonkey
09-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Believe it or not, they used to...

I still have cards from the early 90's that were used for bus transportation. We had one card that was our park ticket, one card that was the room key, and another card with the resort logo that was used to show the bus driver every time we got on a bus.

joonyer
09-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Agreed. Disney transportation is for all guests, not just resort guests. Has anyone ever asked for confirmation you are a resort guest as you enter any transportation?

Believe it or not, they used to...

I still have cards from the early 90's that were used for bus transportation. We had one card that was our park ticket, one card that was the room key, and another card with the resort logo that was used to show the bus driver every time we got on a bus.

And they used to make you purchase and use individual tickets to each attraction, too, but that is no more. Just like bus "tickets".

ThanxForNoticin
09-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Oh, I do remember those days where they would check and verify folks were staying at a Disney resort before allowing them on a bus or boat or monorail. That just became so inefficient and ineffective to do that. But even when they checked to make sure you were a Disney resort guest (or had a Disney pass for a theme park), they didn't require you to be staying at the specific resort the bus was traveling to or from. Being a guest meant access to all Disney transportation and wherever you wanted to go, and it still does - even if someone isn't staying at a WDW resort or paying to get into a Disney park.

Daisy'sMom
09-14-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm shocked that some people think it's appropriate to break the rules. That's the Disney spirit. Let's teach our kids to be thieves in the night.

DonaldDuck1117
09-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Please, pray tell, what rules are being broken?