PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party

Bay Lake
08-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Out of all the times we have visited, this is our first Halloween Party and I have a few questions.
1. Are all the attractions open during the party?
2. Do you really get that much candy?
3. Are dining places open?
4. Are there more characters than normal?

Thanks

NJGIRL
08-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Out of all the times we have visited, this is our first Halloween Party and I have a few questions.
1. Are all the attractions open during the party?
2. Do you really get that much candy?
3. Are dining places open?
4. Are there more characters than normal?

Thanks

We have been to many parties and here is my take on it.

Most of the attractions are opened during the party. Tom Sawyer Island is not.

You can get as much candy as you like. You can get back in line over and over again. There are many candy lines through out the park and you can hit them multiple times. Early in the party they give you one to three candies....At the end of the night they are giving you handfuls. We try to go to the party at the beginning of our trip so we have candy to snack on each day after.

Quick Service is opened throughout the night at a few places....I believe TS restaurants close at their regular time.

Characters....we are not character people....but I don't remember seeing that many characters at all....but maybe because we weren't looking.

The parade is excellent. We are not normally parade people...but this one is not to miss!

I also suggest that you be in the MK prior to the party...The party starts at 7, but they let people in at 4....I suggest you come in prior to 4 if you already have regular tickets. At 4:00 it is a mob scene trying to get through the gate. We always make our party day our MK day so we are already there and don't have to fight the mob.

CleveSJM
08-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Exactly what NJGirl said. Tons of candy if that is your goal.

Stress the parade and especially the beginning. The Headless Horseman run is the best start of any parade anywhere. And the dancing grave diggers with their sparking shovels is worth the price of admission.

TheVBs
08-04-2015, 01:55 PM
All of the above! The only thing I would add is that there are a lot of villains out. Some of them only come out for the party I think. The lines for them are loooong. So long that I told the girls to pick one villain so we didn't spend our whole evening in character lines. Otherwise, there were plenty of characters to see with shorter lines. Definitely get there at 4pm and don't miss the parade! Have fun!

Main Street Jim
08-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Most of the attractions are opened during the party. Tom Sawyer Island is not....along with Carousel of Progress, Enchanted Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, Country Bear Jamboree, Swiss Family Treehouse, the Walt Disney World Railroad, the Liberty Belle riverboat...

Characters....we are not character people....but I don't remember seeing that many characters at all....but maybe because we weren't looking.One character I can recall in recent years (2010ish) was Max. Do the Villains still do their meet 'n greets after "Mix 'n Mingle", or is that now part of that silly "soiree" thing *inside* CRT?

The parade is excellent. We are not normally parade people...but this one is not to miss!The *second-best* parade EVER! Headless Horseman makes a run down through the parade route. The Haunted Mansion gravediggers - and ballroom dancers...and Hitchhiking Ghosts - are a *Don't Miss*!

I also suggest that you be in the MK prior to the party...The party starts at 7, but they let people in at 4....I suggest you come in prior to 4 if you already have regular tickets. At 4:00 it is a mob scene trying to get through the gate. We always make our party day our MK day so we are already there and don't have to fight the mob.*This*. Get to the park early in the afternoon (especially if you have park hoppers, but don't *waste* a day on a non-hopper ticket). Spend the morning at another park, head back to the hotel around lunchtime and take a nap/break/dip in the pool. Then head to the Party refreshed and ready to party! Hit your bigger rides *early* (between 4:00 and 7:00), then, as day guests start leaving, hit some of the more popular rides. Watch the fireworks (usually around 9:45ish?) from the Hub - you'll want to see them *all the way around the park*. Then see the *second* parade. After that parade, hit up your candy stops again - and again...and again :) Then back to your *favorite* ride for *ONE MORE RIDE* before you head back to your room. :)

NJGIRL
08-04-2015, 09:12 PM
I don't know why but some years the Riverboat does run. We rode it one year at 12 midnight. It had an audio running with Goofy telling ghost stories. I almost fell asleep on the bench. :blush:

Doofenshmirtz
08-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Yes, there are more characters out and they stay out longer. Including the villians that you don't get to see very often like Bowler Hat guy and Dr. facilier. The party map will give meet locations. Also the dance party stage will have Characters dancing with the kids all night. Woody and the gang will be dancing with the kids at the Diamond Horshoe.

brad817
08-05-2015, 10:03 PM
I also suggest that you be in the MK prior to the party...The party starts at 7, but they let people in at 4....I suggest you come in prior to 4 if you already have regular tickets. At 4:00 it is a mob scene trying to get through the gate. We always make our party day our MK day so we are already there and don't have to fight the mob.

Wait. Does this mean you don't need a separate park admission for this? If you have the party tickets, you can get in at 4 and don't need a "standard" park ticket?

Main Street Jim
08-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Wait. Does this mean you don't need a separate park admission for this? If you have the party tickets, you can get in at 4 and don't need a "standard" park ticket?Correct - sort of. The Halloween Party *is* a separate-ticketed event. After 4:00pm, *ONLY* your MNSSHP ticket is needed to get in to the Magic Kingdom, but, your "standard" theme-park tickets will still get you in - but only until 7:00pm. After that, "standard" theme-park tickets are not accepted as entry media to the Magic Kingdom.

linedropper
08-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Characters , there are always more characters then you would get on a normal day!

CanadaLovesDisney
08-06-2015, 01:22 PM
We had a CRAZY amount of candy collected during a previous MNSSHP. We couldnt fit it all in our suitcases and we didnt spend the whole night in lines we just went through a few times! One suggestion is wear orange or black, many people will dress up for this event. We went a night in September and lots of people were dressed up, we had orange mickey tshirts we made prior to the trip and we got tons of compliments! Have an awesome time! Its pricey (especially for us with the Canadian dollar being so horrible) but WELL WORTH IT!

brad817
08-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Correct - sort of. The Halloween Party *is* a separate-ticketed event. After 4:00pm, *ONLY* your MNSSHP ticket is needed to get in to the Magic Kingdom, but, your "standard" theme-park tickets will still get you in - but only until 7:00pm. After that, "standard" theme-park tickets are not accepted as entry media to the Magic Kingdom.

Thanks. Can you still make Fastpass+ reservations if you only have the Halloween Party tickets and not a standard park admission?

Disney Doll
08-07-2015, 10:51 PM
No fp during the party (after 7pm), but my experience has been that you don't really need them anyhow.

DonaldDuck1117
08-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Random question popped in my head with regards to party nights. I am aware there are no fast passes during the party. However, we are allowed in at 4pm. Are you able to go to a kiosk and get whatever FPs might be left? Are you able to reserve FPs on the app before hand if you have a party ticket for 4-7pm?