PDA

View Full Version : "Bustin' with Excitement!"

MrPeetrie
08-01-2015, 04:52 PM
With less than seven weeks to go before our next Walt Disney World visit, the excitement level in our house is palpable. It has been more than three years since our last visit and with so many new changes, we can't wait to come back "home." With all the "angst" over some of TD's decisions, as well as many skeptical posts, I thought it would be fun to have an ALL-POSITIVE post:

What new thing(s) (or new improvement) are you looking forward to in your upcoming visit?

1.) New Fantasyland -- when last visited, it was just construction walls and towering cranes. I cannot wait to walk through what appears to be a meticulously themed land. We intend to scour every nook and cranny.
2.) Be Our Guest Restaurant -- I managed to snag a pre-park-open breakfast time slot on our first day at the Magic Kingdom.
3.) Magic Bands -- Big Brother Watching? Who Cares, if my brother's name is Mickey. I think it will be very convenient, especially at the water parks. (May make the trip more "priceyer", which I'm sure was the intent.)
4.) Harambe Expansion -- we are very excited to see Festival of the Lion King in its new location, as well as the new Harambe Market.
5.) The BOATHOUSE -- (I used all-caps because they do!) We will eat there for a late dinner on arrival day. Should be a great way to start a trip.
6.) Peter Pan queue -- On our first day, after breakfast we are going to dash over and get in line before the standby gets too long.
7.) Raglan Road -- I've always wanted to eat there, but never managed to do it. This trip will be different.
8.) Boma Breakfast -- I've read nothing but rave reviews on this site for breakfast so we will give it a shot.
9.) Fishing in Riverside -- I've never fished a day in my life. My DS5 said he wants to try. What better place to learn.
10.) Son's face on -- 7DMT, Splash Mountain, Dinosaur, Soarin', and Big Thunder. These will all be first time rides for him and I can't wait to see his expression!!!!!
That's a start for me. I'm sure there's more. What are you looking forward to?

Sylvia
08-01-2015, 08:16 PM
DITTO!!!!!!

Twenty-six days to go for us. Our magic bands arrived today. Our first day will be spent having lunch at Earl of Sandwich, exchanging an AP certificate, buying a new TIW card, and going back to Music for a relaxing evening.

We enjoy casual trips to WDW and this trip will be no different. Maybe a bit different - we have 2 ADRs for lunch at BOG and 3 FP+'s each for 7DMT and Peter Pan. We're planning to eat at favorite TS and CS locations in the parks and at many resorts and enjoy the sights and sounds everywhere. Looking forward to checking out old favorites and making new memories.

Paiges
08-01-2015, 11:16 PM
39 days to go for us! It has been 6 years for us and we can't wait, either! We are looking forward to everything - but especially Space Mountain, as it was closed during out first trip. Woo woo!:mickey:

Disney_pups2
08-02-2015, 03:24 AM
Mr Peetrie, thank you for sharing your excitement. I'm about to bust here in Colorado too!!!!! We have waited for 9 years, since our first son was adopted, so we could all go to DisneyWorld and it just kept getting put off... now it is only 44 Days for us!!! It has been about 11 years since I have been to the big kingdom at all and I use to go a lot and this is our children's FIRST TIME to the big kingdom and all the parks!!! The oldest one is turning 10 so we are celebrating his Birthday there!!!

1.) New Fantasyland -- when last visited, it was just construction walls and towering cranes. I cannot wait to walk through what appears to be a meticulously themed land. We intend to scour every nook and cranny.
:mickey:You've seen more than me!! I'm so ready to see the new Fantasy land!!! I can't wait for the Dwarf's mine train!!!! :-)

2.) Be Our Guest Restaurant -- I managed to snag a pre-park-open breakfast time slot on our first day at the Magic Kingdom.
:mickey: We are wanting to do the quick dining for this one! It looks so magical and we love magic!!! I hope your family has a great experience

3.) Magic Bands -- Big Brother Watching? Who Cares, if my brother's name is Mickey. I think it will be very convenient, especially at the water parks. (May make the trip more "priceyer", which I'm sure was the intent.)
:mickey:We are considering buying the special pretty ones!!! I am so excited to use these for the first time. With special needs kids and boys taboot, I'm glad that big brother (or uncle Mickey) is watching! :-)

4.) Harambe Expansion -- we are very excited to see Festival of the Lion King in its new location, as well as the new Harambe Market.
:mickey:This is actually THE first park that my son chose for his wish trip!! He is sooooooo excited to see Animanl kingdom!!!

5.) The BOATHOUSE -- (I used all-caps because they do!) We will eat there for a late dinner on arrival day. Should be a great way to start a trip.
6.) Peter Pan queue -- On our first day, after breakfast we are going to dash over and get in line before the standby gets too long.
:mickey: I just found out about this new queue line!!! I can't wait to see it. :-).
7.) Raglan Road -- I've always wanted to eat there, but never managed to do it. This trip will be different.
8.) Boma Breakfast -- I've read nothing but rave reviews on this site for breakfast so we will give it a shot.
9.) Fishing in Riverside -- I've never fished a day in my life. My DS5 said he wants to try. What better place to learn.
10.) Son's face on -- 7DMT, Splash Mountain, Dinosaur, Soarin', and Big Thunder. These will all be first time rides for him and I can't wait to see his expression!!!!!
:mickey:AWE, that is soooo awesome!!! I am so excited for you! I am excited for the same things really. The boys have ridden some of the DL sister park's rides, but there are many that were closed on our first visit to DL so we can't wait to get to the Big Kingdom and ride their versions and their "true to DW only" rides!!! We have the memory maker lined up and ready so that we can get all those pictures!! I hope that your family has a great time!

:mickey:I have waited for years to take my adopted children to Disneyworld. I was brought up in the magic as I lived only a few hours from the kingdom and I have always dreamed of the day that I could take my children and share the magic with them. While it will be a challenge as we do have children with cognitive and physical challenges we are ready to take it on and excited to see them flourish!! I know I will cry at the parade, shows and fireworks as so many of my own memories were made on the streets of the same parks, some during the same parades! I think I am looking most forward to the rides that DL doesn't have like Carousel of Progress, Dwarf's mine train, test track, wedway people mover, All of Animal Kingdom, Figment and the imagination, Universe of Energy and all of World showcase. I have missed my Epcot so much.
You and your family have a great time!!!! I know we will! :-)

That's a start for me. I'm sure there's more. What are you looking forward to?

kpen625
08-02-2015, 07:48 AM
This is an amazing post!!! We have a little more time to wait, we go in April! But I am so excited as we have not been for a few years. It will be our daughters 1st trip, she will be almost 4. So the thing that I am most excited about is getting to see her face when she meets Minnie & Mickey during our breakfast at Chef Mickey's for the 1st time!!

I have not been to the Flower & Garden Festival in well over 10 years, I remember it being so beautiful. I have read that because of the success of the Food & Wine Festival they are bringing is special food stands in line with the fresh theme. It should be amazing!!

Dinner @ O'Hana! I have stayed at Poly a few times and although not staying there this trip, we will certainly be enjoying some time there. The lobby is re-done, the villas are built and it will be more beautiful than I remember. Hopefully we can catch that wonderful ukulele player in the Tambu Lounge, the Electrical Water Pageant on the beach and Wishes over the Magic Kingdom!!

All of the times that I get an overwhelming feeling of emotion! It starts as you drive through the gates, standing in the garden at the entrance of EPCOT and walking down Main Street, U.S.A. toward the Castle!!!

The rides...all of them, Famtasmic, the great food and the outstanding attention to detail!

Enjoy your trip it will be here soon!!!

EeyoresBestFriend
08-02-2015, 01:09 PM
We have 97 days to go!

Hakuna Matata is the theme for this trip! First trip in 5 years for just the 2 of us and we can't wait. It's a blast with others, but also such a treat to be able to do just what we want! :cloud9:

I hope that some walls are down in AK. And I know the rest of the trip will be magical just by being there with my DH!!

wilcat
08-02-2015, 04:22 PM
We are booked and will be at CBR in 42 days!!! :cloud9: I don't put a lot of store in the negative comments as each person can judge for themselves what is good for them and what will affect them. We are looking forward to just going with the flow and letting someone else do all the driving. Only made FP+ for one day but have meal reservations all done. Have a great time!

CarrieAllie
08-02-2015, 06:59 PM
So exited to be planning a trip again, it's been years (cept for a quick trip in 2011). So excited!!

Love the magic bands. Can't wait for ours to come in!

Disney_pups2
08-02-2015, 11:37 PM
All of the times that I get an overwhelming feeling of emotion! It starts as you drive through the gates, standing in the garden at the entrance of EPCOT and walking down Main Street, U.S.A. toward the Castle!!!

I get this way too. I know I will do lots of crying or tears of joy. There are so many beautiful moments at Disney world! I am excited for you kpen! There is nothing like seeing the kingdom through a new little person's eyes! :-). Have a great trip! :mickey::thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
08-03-2015, 03:48 AM
We are 27 days out and can't wait to get there.

I am so looking forward to being there

Katzateer
08-03-2015, 08:31 AM
So exciting - hope you have a great time!:mickey:

Some other new activities you haven't mentioned- in France in Epcot be sure to check out the remodeled area to get your pastries. It is a lot easier to navigate than the smaller setup.

Even if no one says they are interested in the Frozen singalong at the Studios- try it. My husband had no interest, had not seen the movie, but he enjoyed it. Lots of comedy and the actors are fun.

The new Fantasyland is wonderful and BOG is going to blow you away. They did a great job with all the details.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

sassafras
08-03-2015, 09:19 AM
8 days and counting! Arriving at Saratoga Springs on the 11th and starting off with the DVC Beach Party Bash at Typhoon Lagoon! Celebrating our 40th the next night at O'Hana. Saturday brings my cuz and her hubby from GA and dinner at Raglan Road. Just playing it by ear the next week until I will be forced to return home on Saturday by my husband. I can't wait!

azcavalier
08-03-2015, 11:13 AM
40 days for us! We have already been twice this year, so no huge changes, but here's what we're excited about!

1. New Resort! We're staying at Caribbean Beach, which we've never done.
2. New Restaurants! We're trying 1900 Park Fare and Shutters @ OKW
3. New Guests! We're taking my wife's office nurse and her niece (6yrs). My wife is a doctor, and since the company doesn't do it, we give her nurse a bonus out of our own pocket every fall, because she's AWESOME. Usually its cash, but this year we're taking her with us to WDW! We actually took her a few years ago, but she can't wait, and a lot of stuff will be new to her. Her niece has never been, and is busting at the seams!

PlutoPlanet
08-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Boma Breakfast is our favorite breakfast on property.

etibbetts
08-03-2015, 01:03 PM
I have 40 days to go! I'm really excited to be staying at POR, even though I go to Disney frequently it's been 20 years since I've stayed at POR. We are trying a few new restaurants this trip (Turf Club, Raglan Road, Trattoria Al Forno), looking forward to that. I love everything Disney, but the thing I'm looking forward to the most is just the time with family and the wonderful memories.

DizneyFreak2002
08-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Mr. Peetrie, enjoy your trip! I'm looking forward to hear, or read I should say, your review of The Boathouse...

I've eaten at Raglan Road and loved it... I'm sure you'll enjoy it too... Never did Boma for breakfast, but have eaten dinner there...

twinboyz
08-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Love your post! I hope you have a great trip.

We have 71 sleeps to go before our next visit.:cloud9: It can't come soon enough.

We are excited to be staying at the Polynesian for the first time! Can't wait to experience that resort from sun up to sun down. Excited to be able to take the Monorail to EPCOT and MK.:thumbsup: Let's hope the modified schedule will be done by then.

We are also booked for the Mexican Tequila Lunch at EPCOT. :marg: First time doing this and can't wait!

We are also doing MNSSHP. We have done this once before and it is phenominal!
The parade and fireworks show can't be missed!

dmallan
08-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Lots of folks in the 40 day range! Us too!

It's nice to see a thread like this with so much excitement and anticipation!

We are excited about our first stay at Boardwalk Villas.

We've got some great ADRs for lots of new places including La Hacienda, Be Our Guest, Hollywood Brown Derby, The Wave, and breakfast at Trattoria al Forno

We are looking forward to riding 7 Dwarves Mine Train for the first time and also see seeing the new parade at MK.

Can't wait to be in the magic again! :mickey:

conan617
08-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Lots of folks in the 40 day range! Us too!
:mickey:

Same here! 45 days to go and made the final payment today!

snowflakegirl
08-06-2015, 09:49 AM
I love this post! So fun to see the things that people are getting excited for.

We will be in the World in 11 days (insert excited, totally adult like squeal here).

We are also looking forward to seeing the Fantasyland Expansion (our last trip was 5 years ago), the Harambe expansion, and a breakfast at Boma (we've had dinner there and walked by breakfast in the morning since we were staying at AKL, but we didn't try it). I'm looking forward to watching my son (who is 2) take in all the sights and sounds and entertainment. He *loves* water, so there will be lots of fountain watching, and he loves music, so there will be lots of stopping to dance (he can create a dance party in the aisle at IKEA, so I'm sure in Disney he'll be having a blast). We have a number of new dining experiences planned, we're doing the night safari at the AKL thanks to my parents for our anniversary present and they're watching our son. I'm looking forward to watching my parents experience Disney through my son's eyes. Plus, we're traveling with not only my parents, but some of our best friends and their two year old daughter and we're surprising our friends who love gardening with the Behind the Seeds tour!

I can't wait!

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
08-14-2015, 09:38 PM
We have 11 weeks to go until we get back to our favorite character breakfast EVER which is at the Crystal Palace and eat those amazing puffed french toast! Our mouths are watering as I write.

Stu29573
08-15-2015, 12:06 PM
Four months to the day for us. My grandson will turn 6 while we are there. We have ADRs for breakfast at Chef Mickey's for his birthday breakfast, and ADR's at Be Our Guest for lunch. Its my grandkids' first trip (my grand daughter is 4)! it should be wonderful!

CynBeth
08-16-2015, 08:33 AM
We are going in November for around Thanksgiving. We arrive the Fri before and leave the Sun after. It will be our 3rd holiday season trip (we try to go every few years) and I still can't wait to experience all of the holiday stuff at the parks and resorts again. I just wish I knew who our CP narrator will be. We are doing a split stay between Poly and AKL and have visited but never stayed. Also,I have not seen the new MK afternoon parade. We are trying TH and Captain's Grille for breakfast and are having a CP breakfast which we have not done in a long time. For lunch new to us is Tutto Italia and Beaches and Cream. Our new dinner is at Fulton's. We are also going to old favorites for all 3 meals and can't wait to eat at those again especially BOG dinner. There are food allergies in our group so it is easier to eat all meals TS.

LVT
08-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Fun things to look for:
1. Gaston's tavern giant cinnamon rolls and GASTON!
2. Posters at Rapunzels tower
3. renewed hub in front of castle
4. at AK = DeVine still looms,

MrPeetrie
08-27-2015, 07:00 PM
Fun things to look for:

2. Posters at Rapunzels tower

Forgive my ignorance, but what is Rapunzel's Tower? And where would I find it?

Melanie
08-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what is Rapunzel's Tower? And where would I find it?

Rapunzel's Tower is located in the Magic Kingdom, between It's A Small World and Haunted Mansion. The area is basically fancy bathrooms and charging stations, but the tower is a definite highlight.

DebK
08-28-2015, 07:12 PM
I just wanted to say "Have Fun!"

SAH
08-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Well, we have 149 nights to go to celebrate my brides 50th at BLT. Going to our two favorites Rose n Crown in Epcot for dinner and Liberty Tree Tavern in WDW. Hope everyone enjoys!!