PDA

View Full Version : Fastpasses for parades and fireworks?

jdpip
07-29-2015, 07:39 PM
This seems crazy to me! Please explain...

Thank you!

joonyer
07-29-2015, 08:01 PM

Thank you!

I don't think there is a good explanation. But you know how crowds of people are. If we're not there first, on the front row, then somebody might see something we don't. We can't have that, can we?
Sorry, I shouldn't be so cynical. But I think FP's for these kinds of things are kind of a waste. Like getting a FP for a fireworks show. Whaaaattttttt?

IloveJack
07-29-2015, 08:17 PM
We wasted an FP on Illuminations a year ago because I knew we'd be at the Candlelight Processional till late. We didn't realize we'd have to almost run to get there, passing up "decent" views on the way, as it's all the way at the front of WS. By the time we got there, still 10-15 minutes before it started, people were already standing 4-5 deep. We could see the fireworks, but not the globe. I don't know about the other nighttime shows, but I wouldn't use a FP on Illuminations.

LandFan
07-29-2015, 09:29 PM
We actually really liked our fast pass for illuminations! We like watching from that area and knew to be there like a half hour before they started letting in. We were fairly far back in the line but the viewing area is sloped and everyone wanted to be down at the front. We were quite happy with being at the top of the rise in the very back. There was enough room for our party to sit comfortably on the pavement and chat while waiting for them to start. Then we all stood up. Because it is sloped we all had a great view! I will definitely be getting them for Wishes the next time we go as we could not get any decently open spots (granted it was the week of Thanksgiving) and we started looking early. I've also heard good things about the fast pass viewing area for Wishes now that the hub is completed.

jdpip
07-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Can't we still just find a spot for the parade and the fireworks?

DizneyFreak2002
07-29-2015, 10:35 PM

Thank you!

In order to make FP+ and My Magic Plus work and look like it is the greatest thing to theme park industry since, well Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Disney had to add silly and stupid options to FP selections... Things which never needed a FP before now do because of Disney's brainless idea about making guests book Fp 60 days out.. HM, Pirates are just two rides whose wait times have been altered in a negative way cause of this nonsense...

They had to add Fantasmic, Illuminations and the parades cause they needed to increase the options... It is a way to fool unsuspecting guests that they are getting quality out of a very expensive failure of a product...

Can't we still just find a spot for the parade and the fireworks?
Yes, you can still get spots for the parade and fireworks.. I was there last week (two weeks ago), and watched Wishes and MSEP from Main Street... Great view of the parade from the curb, and the best view one could get for Wishes right up Main Street... I also caught Illuminations from over near France and closer to International Gateway.... Great viewing spot... No need for a FP for Illuminations or any of the other shows... it is a waste of a FP...

AgentC
07-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Yes, you can still get spots for the parade and fireworks.. I was there last week (two weeks ago), and watched Wishes and MSEP from Main Street... Great view of the parade from the curb, and the best view one could get for Wishes right up Main Street... I also caught Illuminations from over near France and closer to International Gateway.... Great viewing spot... No need for a FP for Illuminations or any of the other shows... it is a waste of a FP...

This is generally my view too. I have never used a FP for a parade/fireworks show and I've never had a problem finding a good and sometimes and excellent spot. However there is obviously a large number of people who like having a reserved spot because they always fill up. For example I just checked Magic Kingdom for Saturday. The FP that are not available are the two parades, Wishes and Anna & Elsa.

Airblue1
07-30-2015, 04:32 AM
Simple
If you want a great location and enjoy this type of entertainment you will use a FPP. It was worth it, to us, however it really didn't save time or space. I suggest using it for a ride.

DizneyFreak2002
07-30-2015, 06:27 PM
This is generally my view too. I have never used a FP for a parade/fireworks show and I've never had a problem finding a good and sometimes and excellent spot. However there is obviously a large number of people who like having a reserved spot because they always fill up. For example I just checked Magic Kingdom for Saturday. The FP that are not available are the two parades, Wishes and Anna & Elsa.
Of course there are people who would like it... McDonald's also serves millions of people a year, and no one would ever call them gourmet dining... It's still a waste of a FP... of course, with Epcot, nothing is worth a FP in that park, so if someone chose Illuminations, I'd understand... but it is worthless for Wishes, Festival of Fantasy, and MSEP...

DANAM
08-05-2015, 10:53 PM
We used FP+ for Wishes on our arrival day. We needed a FP+ for 10pm so I said lets try it. Everyone on the boards said it was a waste of a FP but since we would be arriving late and booking at that time anyway I went for it. I have to tell you it was the best experience. The area around the hub was so nice. We had room to sit down and relax. We had a great view of tinkerbell. I was very surprised at how much my family enjoyed the whole experience. With that being said we were there 10 days. We had plenty of FP to do big tickets on other days and I dont know if I would tie up my FP for a full day on that. We never normally watch firework shows my son isnt into crowds. So for our family it was worth the FP.

deedee73
08-06-2015, 01:16 AM
Which side of the hub did you sit in? Near Tomorrowland or Adventureland?
I am thinking that this would be a good use of a FP for us as well. Just don't want to fight the crowds with a little one.

RBrooksC
08-06-2015, 08:14 AM
My only problem with it is if you get the FP for the last fireworks or parade of the day, you cannot get another FP until that one is used. Unless you are going to be in a park all day and you have done all the attractions you want to do and you can still get a FP for a viewing area, then I say get it.

It isn't worth it to get one at the 60 day mark or before you have used your initial three passes.

Stu29573
08-06-2015, 02:12 PM
The only reason I'm considering it, is that we are going during the Christmas holidays, and the combination of special holiday parades and fireworks and high crowds make it tempting...

Coleby
08-07-2015, 12:22 PM
We used FP+ for Wishes on our arrival day. We needed a FP+ for 10pm so I said lets try it. Everyone on the boards said it was a waste of a FP but since we would be arriving late and booking at that time anyway I went for it. I have to tell you it was the best experience. The area around the hub was so nice. We had room to sit down and relax. We had a great view of tinkerbell. I was very surprised at how much my family enjoyed the whole experience. With that being said we were there 10 days. We had plenty of FP to do big tickets on other days and I dont know if I would tie up my FP for a full day on that. We never normally watch firework shows my son isnt into crowds. So for our family it was worth the FP.

When we used our FP+ for Wishes they did not allow us to sit down. The CM's kept going around and telling people to stand. It was quite frustrating in all actuality.

Speedy1998
08-07-2015, 01:02 PM
My only problem with it is if you get the FP for the last fireworks or parade of the day, you cannot get another FP until that one is used. Unless you are going to be in a park all day and you have done all the attractions you want to do and you can still get a FP for a viewing area, then I say get it.

I used a FP for Fantasmic as my fourth FP. By time I had used my initial 3 (around 1 pm) everything else that I would have been interested in was out of FPs.

Cass&KenziesMom
08-08-2015, 09:02 AM
We used a FP for Wishes on our arrival day 2 Fridays ago. I knew we were getting to the park late and wanted to make sure we had a good spot. Decided to stay our last night there and watch again but from Main Street in front of the train station. We ended up leaving because people were either pushing our kids out of their way or they would turn around and see our kids standing there and still step right in front of them to block their view. So I'm glad we used the FP our first night there.

MrPeetrie
08-08-2015, 06:59 PM
I did use a FP on Frozen Sing Along because many here said it is well worth it. I also used one on Anna & Elsa because daughter wants to meet them and line is still too long.

stephicakes
08-12-2015, 09:11 AM
I have FPs for the Festival of Fantasy parade when we go in Sept (mainly bc we will have spent two days already in that park and not much left to choose from). Haven't seen that parade yet and don't want to stand in the sun for an hour saving a spot...

Q: Where do we go for this viewing area?

Thanks!
:mickey:

MILWDIANA
08-23-2015, 12:05 PM
Exactly where is the viewing area?? Is it for the Parade also or just Wishes??

Katzateer
08-24-2015, 07:43 AM
We enjoyed our FP for Wishes. You can go in the area to watch the nightly parade, castle projection show, sit on the "grass" and relax - then you have to stand for Wishes. Great for a busy night. And great view for Tinkerbell. We were at the location in front of The Plaza- closest to Tommowland.

Not sure if FP for Illuminations or parade would be worth it but hoping to get a Wishes FP for our December trip.:mickey: