PDA

View Full Version : That time of year?

SandmanGStefani24
07-26-2015, 02:44 PM
Just wondering if Intercotees prefer to go to WDW around the same time each year or if they like to change it up here and there? I prefer to go in early February or mid F&W.

It gets me excited when Feb comes around bc it means Daytona 500, cold weather and WDW. It's somewhat of a tradition. Anyone else do this?

CanadianWDWFan
07-26-2015, 03:08 PM
We like to go late July through Labour Day. Sure it is hot and crowded but this is the only time that we can go for two weeks and not take the kids out of school. The good thing is that the parks are opened late and if you go to late nights that's when the parks are pretty empty, most of the time.

We would love to do the F&W every year, maybe when the kids are in college.:D

VacationDisney
07-26-2015, 05:24 PM
We mix it up. We do stay away from the parks during spring break (way crowded) and July & August (hot and humid beyond what we can handle).

We enjoyed our visits in the early part of December to take in all the holiday magic there is to experience. We like October because of the great weather and the Halloween parade.

I think that the "slow" time at WDW is a thing of the past, but we do look forward to our trips there very much:cloud9:

SurferStitch
07-26-2015, 05:33 PM
We trade off each year... Even years are October for our anniversay, F&WF and MNSSHP, and odd years are December for a late anniversay celebration, Christmas decorations and spirit, and MVMCP!!

We sometimes sneak in a spring trip for F&GF, too!!

EpcotFan182
07-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Since graduating from college I've been going either in the late winter/spring or fall. I'm able to escape the chillier weather in NY and the crowds don't seem as bad as the summer. I also like going during these times to experience the Epcot FWF and FGF.

I probably will end up going in the summer at some point again, but for now I'm enjoying the spring and fall =)

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2015, 11:31 AM
We've become "end of August" people. Our wedding anniversary is then, and it is a great way to end the summer!

Once DD is away at university, it might change ... I LOVED going in early January ... wonder if I could make that our new plan?

Disney Doll
07-27-2015, 12:39 PM
My #1 rule is no summers and no holidays.

Other than that we like early Feb (lighter crowds & cooler weather), early May for flower and garden (but getting a bit hotter than I would prefer), early-mid Nov. (love food and wine), and early December (christmas party). We used to be big Oct people, but October has become a busy month with Halloween party and food/wine overlapping so I prefer the lighter crowds other times of year.

Fangorn
07-27-2015, 12:43 PM
The reality is, our favorite time is whenever we can get there.

But we tend to enjoy fall the most. Our birthdays are in October and November, so that makes for some easy excuses to go, plus the F&W and cooler weather (particularly at the beginning of November.

We also love going in early December (Christmas without the crowds) and January (very calm and relaxing). We went this past April/May and had a great time - it had been awhile since we'd gone in the Spring.

Summer is probably our least favorite time due to the heat, although we leave in 28 days for a 9 day trip with our 8 year old granddaughter. Really looking forward to completely spoiling the child (her parents will not be with us :thumbsup: )

Steve

EeyoresBestFriend
07-29-2015, 02:21 PM
We prefer WDW in spring just after Easter or in October. Although we enjoy the Halloween party, with F&W Fest going the direction it is, we are leaning more to Spring now.

NEVER, never on any major holidays! :nope:

#1donaldfan
07-29-2015, 06:38 PM
We are typically June / July .... :thumbsup:

Airblue1
07-30-2015, 04:36 AM
We go against the grain. Prefer the times of high historical crowd levels. Which usually translate to longer park hours.

i'm grumpy
07-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Mid May, but would love to go for the Holidays.

Main Street Jim
07-30-2015, 03:42 PM
It gets me excited when Feb comes around because it means Daytona 500, cold weather and WDW. It's somewhat of a tradition. Anyone else do this?:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

LandFan
07-30-2015, 09:50 PM
We like going around Thanksgiving as my hubby doesn't love the heat of summer and I'm a teacher (so choices are slim during the school year). However - I have managed to get him to agree to an end of June trip next summer!!!

azcavalier
07-31-2015, 09:11 AM
Our main rule is "Anytime but summer". We're big believers in taking our kids out of school and going when crowds are (somewhat) lessened and the heat/humidity isn't as bad. So, usually, that means we go in the fall. Anytime between September to early December.

If my wife and I go without the family, it's usually to celebrate our anniversary. So, each time we've been without kids, it's been in late April/early May.

This year we went with my sister and her family in early January, which was a first for us. A lot of fun. We're going back in September, like usual. And then I have a conference there at CS in November. So i'll be there four times this year!

VWL Mom
07-31-2015, 08:39 PM
We've become "end of August" people. Our wedding anniversary is then, and it is a great way to end the summer!

Once DD is away at university, it might change ... I LOVED going in early January ... wonder if I could make that our new plan?

That's exactly what we're doing this year. We too like the end of August but DS20 has an earlier school start this year so we're going in early January.

kpen625
08-01-2015, 07:56 PM
I feel like I like the Fall best for the Food & Wine Festival, but will go whenever I can!! Just no summers.

:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Giggy
08-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Our four trips have been at different times of year, though they have all worked well. The first three were when me and my brother were in school, my sister in preschool. School terms in the UK have a week off in the middle labelled 'half term' so we would tie our visits in with those so that a 3 week holiday only meant 2 weeks off school (the maximum the school would allow) and a 2 week holiday only meant 1 week off which was more suitable when we were a bit older and studies couldn't be disturbed as much. These would be in the middle of spring or late fall so the weather and crowds were mostly manageable, we just steered clear of MK on Halloween! :secret:

Our visit in 2010 was after me and my brother had started university where half term doesn't exist and time off during term time isn't an option. The most suitable time we could find was end of August to start of September before we started term. We knew it was going to be hotter at that time of year but we were quite lucky not to have too much rain getting in the way that year. :D

Next time is going to be a lot harder to organise. I start work as a doctor on Wednesday, my brother is married and he and his wife are finishing their PhDs before starting postdoc work, my sister is about to start her last year of University. Finding a time that everyone can go now is going to be a lot more challenging. :confused:

WDWgoofy
08-08-2015, 09:06 AM
When I had young daughters, we always went the week beginning with Memorial Day. Good time as crowds were not yet peaking.

Now with no kids, my favorite time is the first week of February. I'm already planning my next visit in 2016:mickey:

SBETigg
08-08-2015, 11:02 AM
We have always mixed it up. Sometimes I like to go during F & W time, sometimes I prefer a quieter World Showcase. My husband dislikes intense heat and large crowds, so we have sought out some less busy, better weather times once the kids got older and stopped coming with us every time. But I don't like it cool, and it's impossible to find a truly low crowd season anymore. Our favorite times seem to be April but not close to Easter, and October. Our next trip will be in late May, with the grown-up kids and my daughter's boyfriend.