PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ Late Selections: What are the Chances?

MrPeetrie
07-26-2015, 07:37 AM
Hello, gang. You all have been terrific help in planning this upcoming vacation. We were able to secure most, if not all, of the FastPass+ reservations we wanted. (Still, some trepidations as I have NO IDEA of how the day will actually play out, but I'm hopeful.)

We are going for 11 days and near the end of the vacation, I left one day unplanned. This will by my son's third trip, but he just turned 5 and he will finally "get it" what Walt Disney World is all about. We will eat at Boma in the morning and let him decide where he wants to go for that day. So -- after that long exposition -- my question is:

After my son makes his park selection, what are the chances of us securing FastPasses as we make our way from the restaurant to the park?

tjstrike
07-28-2015, 12:30 PM
As long as it's nothing hard to get like TSM, 7DMT, wishes or one of the parades you'll probably be fine.

AgentC
07-28-2015, 12:48 PM
What time of year are you going? If it is busy season what I say might not apply.

Generally this is what you will find gone at each park if I try to book a FP after 9 or 10. Obviously there are exceptions. I have booked same day frequently since I tend to go over unexpectedly. Some of these things will actually be gone 30-60 days in advance.

FP usually not available same day

Magic Kingdom - Mine Train, Anna/Elsa, Wishes, Parades. The Mountains are variable and will usually have something though it might be late.

Epcot- Test Track, Soarin , Illuminations

Animal Kingdom- Most usually available. Sometimes the safari is gone.

Hollywood Studios- Toy Story Midway Mania, Rock "n" Rollercoaster may be gone as well.

Giggy
08-02-2015, 10:45 AM
We would (on our hypothetical next trip) be offsite, so our fastpasse plus option would unlock 30 days in advance rather than 60 for resort guests.

How much would this affect our FP+ options when it came to making choices? I expect it could make it a bit of a lottery with some of the big crowd magnets such as Toy Story Mania or 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, what would our chances be like for other big draws like the 3 mountains or Tower of Terror?

Appreciate this would vary depending on time of year. We don't know when a next visit would be. We try to avoid July, Christmas, etc but it will basically be whenever the whole family can get free time. :mickey:

tjstrike
08-02-2015, 06:21 PM
We would (on our hypothetical next trip) be offsite, so our fastpasse plus option would unlock 30 days in advance rather than 60 for resort guests.

How much would this affect our FP+ options when it came to making choices? I expect it could make it a bit of a lottery with some of the big crowd magnets such as Toy Story Mania or 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, what would our chances be like for other big draws like the 3 mountains or Tower of Terror?

Appreciate this would vary depending on time of year. We don't know when a next visit would be. We try to avoid July, Christmas, etc but it will basically be whenever the whole family can get free time. :mickey:

Go to a site called the duff, it gives you a good perspective on how the FP+ situation looks for the next 2 months.

MrPeetrie
08-02-2015, 07:56 PM
We will be traveling in mid-September so it shouldn't be too crowded. We know the biggies (7DMT, Frozen, Soarin', Test Track, TSM) will probably be gone. I was wondering about rides like Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Dinosaur, E:E. I'm not sure which park he'll select. I'd like him to be able to ride something worthwhile that day as it will be one of our last days of the vacation. But I won't be upset if there isn't much left. After all, we're in Disney and we'll make the best of it.