PDA

View Full Version : Renting points--what do we get/not get?

vamaggie
07-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Considering renting points from a DVC member--it's from a friend so we know they are legit! :) Had a few questions. I know we can't do DDP (not a problem for us) and we don't get maid service (again, not an issue). Can we get tickets from the DVC member? Is there any benefit to do this if we can? Also, If we get tickets from WDW and get the bands, do they get loaded with room key etc or is it different for DVC rentals? Thank you:mickey:

KathyMO
07-25-2015, 10:12 PM
I don't know the rest of the answers but I do know you can still get the DDP. We rented DVC points in May and the owner had the DDP added to our reservation. You have to let them know at least 30 days before you arrive if you want the DDP added.

Fangorn
07-26-2015, 12:44 AM
Considering renting points from a DVC member--it's from a friend so we know they are legit! :) Had a few questions. I know we can't do DDP (not a problem for us) and we don't get maid service (again, not an issue). Can we get tickets from the DVC member? Is there any benefit to do this if we can? Also, If we get tickets from WDW and get the bands, do they get loaded with room key etc or is it different for DVC rentals? Thank you:mickey:

1) You can do the Dining Plan. The DVC member has to add it at least 48 hours before check-in.

2) You will get trash and towel service on day 4. You'll get a full cleaning on day 8 if you're there that many days.

3) You cannot get tickets from the DVC member.

4) Once the reservation is made, the member should give you the confirmation number. You use that just like any other Disney resort confirmation and add it to your MDE account. Once you've done that, you'll be able to customize and get your MagicBands. You'll also add your tickets to your MDE account. At that point, everything works exactly the same as any other reservation.

5) You will be able to use Magical Express, but the member will have to set it up for you.

You will not be able to call Disney to discuss any aspect of the room reservation. Only the member will be able to do that.

Steve