PDA

View Full Version : Magical Extras card

TheVBs
07-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Well, this is new to me! Got my packet with the WDW coupons and they also sent a Magical Extras card. There are a variety of shops and restaurants you can use it at for discounts ranging from 10% - 20%.:mickey:

Itchy
07-25-2015, 04:36 PM
We should be getting our packet next month. I will look for it thanks..

TheVBs
07-25-2015, 04:43 PM
It's at the very back, with the list of discounts preceding it. I've just noticed that it does say it's for booking a Walt Disney Travel Company package. I don't know if that means that I got it because I booked directly through Disney?

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2015, 06:30 PM
We just got our Mickey mail, and DD noticed it as well.

It must be new, we've never had one before, no matter if we booked through Disney or Magical Journeys. It looks like it might be of use, there are some places we actually like listed in the discounts.

Itchy
07-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Does it mention anything about Raglan Rd at DTD in the list of restaurants. It is the only one that I will be paying out of pocket for.

Thanks

Disney_pups2
07-26-2015, 01:57 AM
Can anyone list the places being discounted?? when do they send you your magic bands

Itchy
07-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Last year I got my magic bands around 2 weeks from the check in date. Looking at my current pending package I have up to 30 days out to customize my bands, so I guess anytime after that.

Hope this helps..:mickey:

PopPhan
07-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Here is a summary from the back of my trip booklet from May:
(Good until December 31, 2015)

RESORT EXPERIENCES

Children's Activities Centers: 15% off non-discounted rates

Guided Fishing Excursions: 15% off non-discounted rates

Hair Wraps: Receive one charm with a value of $5 with purchase

Joffree's Coffee: 20% discount on entire purchase

Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre: 10% discount

Trail Rides: 15% off 30-minute guided horseback trail rides

Walt Disney World Marinas: 15% off non-discounted rental rates

WDW Spa or Salon Treatments: 15% off non-discounted price of 50-minute or longer Spa service or any Salon service

WDW Tours: 15% discount on select tours
EPCOT: DiveQuest, Seas Aqua Tour, Behind the Seeds, The UnDOSCOVERed Future World, Gardens of the World
MK: Disney's Family Magic Tour, Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom, The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains
Fort Wilderness: Wilderness Back Trail Adventure

SHOP. DINE. PLAY. Downtown Disney Area

Arribas Brothers: 10% off purchases (some exclusions)

Basin: 10% off entire purchase

Bongo's Cuban Cafe: 15% off food, non-alcoholic beverages, and merchandise

Curl by Sammy Duvall: 10% off non-discounted price (some exclusions)

Fulton's Crab House: 10% discount on food, non-alcoholic beverages

House of Blues: 20% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages - dine-in only.
Not valid for quick service.
10% discount on merchandise (some exclusions)

Hoypoloi: 10% off regularly priced merchandise - DTD West Side only

LittleMissMatched: 20% off non-discounted price

Paradiso 37: 20% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages - lunch only

Pop Gallery: 10% off regularly priced merchandise (some exclusions)

Portobello: 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages

Something Silver: 15% off regularly priced merchandise - DTD West Side only

SplitsVille Luxury Lanes: 20% off bowling M-F 10am - 4pm -- Block Out Dates Apply
10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages -- Block Out Dates Apply
10% off non-discounted merchandise

Wolfgang Puck Cafe: 10% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages

Itchy
07-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Thanks PopPhan I appreciate the info.

There is a lot of stuff we could use the discounts on...:mickey:

Disney_pups2
07-28-2015, 01:06 AM
Thank you so much Pop Phan!! You rock!:number1::thumbsup::mickey:

allgiggles
07-28-2015, 07:57 PM
It was in our packet from our June trip as well (received it on May 18). I'm guessing they must have started it at the beginning of the year.

Coleby
07-29-2015, 02:39 PM
It's not completely the same, but it sounds a lot like the discounts that the Florida Annual Passholders get.

TheVBs
07-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks for posting those Pop Phan! I would have done that in my first post, but I didn't have access to the list at the moment. There are definitely some discounts we'll take advantage of!

TinkInTraining
08-11-2015, 03:47 PM
What did this discount card come with again? The bands? I booked with MJ, I'm wondering if I'll still get it...

PopPhan
08-12-2015, 07:38 AM
What did this discount card come with again? The bands? I booked with MJ, I'm wondering if I'll still get it...

Doesn't matter who you booked with. This comes in the packet with your bag name tags (not the yellow DME tags) and your trip information.

I always go through MJ and have always gotten this information. The Magical Extras card was just something new in the booklet this year. I honestly think that most, if not all, of the discounts were listed in the documentation before, but you had to remember to ask for them. The card just makes it easier to remember.

Now, if they would just attach THAT to your Magic Band(s) as well.......:D

TinkInTraining
08-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Thank you for the information. I don't remember receiving luggage tags on my last trip... Any idea when they usually come? Thirty days before trip?

SurferStitch
08-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Will those of us who booked room-only packages get this?

TheVBs
08-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Now, if they would just attach THAT to your Magic Band(s) as well.......:D

Yes! That's what we said!

coloradowendyl
08-13-2015, 01:45 PM
Magical Extras are the little goodies included in Walt Disney Travel Company packages. Reservations that are room only reservations do not receive them. With a room only reservation, you do not receive any snail mail from Disney other than Magic Express Vouchers and tags (if you are using the service) and your Magic Bands.

Packages receive Magical Extras such as Mini golf/Disney Quest (this year) vouchers etc. A package is when you have bundled either room and tickets, room and dining, or room/tickets/dining together.
Wendy